Why become a member? ×

For the progsters

karlfer

A chap I went to school with has his second solo album out.
He has been in Iona for over 20 years and has played with Jack Bruce amongst many others.
He is doing a couple of gigs to promote the album Celestial Fire.
Dave Bainbridge is one of the nicest guys you could meet. He is also that amazing, that at 15 he was doing Emersons parts from America, on a Fender Rhodes, yet his main instrument was guitar.
Please, if you are anywhere near, get to one of the gigs he is doing with his amazing colleagues,
cheers,
Karl
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1031787550173515&id=151193764899569
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3sINFvtPr4&feature=share

Edited by karlfer

Yes, Dave Bainbridge is great! Been a huge fan for years from back when he was working for Adrian Snell. Remember seeing Iona's (something like) second ever gig at Greenbelt. Sitting on the grass right in front of Nick Begg's rig not knowing who to spend more time watching, Nick's stick playing or Dave's guitar...

Always catch Iona live when I can.

Brilliant guys, thanks for your support.
Dave's a bit concerned that although Chepstow is sold out, York and Bilston ticket sales are a bit slow.
So I'm sharing a bit of stuff around.

We are in frequent contact although haven't seen him close up for some 35 years.
Despite that he offered to remix the Troyen CD, plus add some keys, at no charge.
Two of the arrogant twats said we don't need that :angry:

Anyway, thanks for the support again guys, much appreciated,
cheers,
Karl.