Why become a member? ×

BareFaceD Cheek of the Swedes TKS for the Cabs

Chienmortbb

It is interesting that we have supporters of both Barefaced and TKS on here. Sometimes it is like Everton and Liverpool supporters arguing the toss,. However They both make great products from Europe and we don't have to rely on aiir shipped form North America and the Far East.

I worked for Panasonic (Technics and Ramsa) for many years and there was one golden rule about manufacturing. You don't ship air. That means speaker cabinets as freight is cosed on both weight and volume (size not loudness).

So your boutique cab from the good ole USA or your MDF cab from China will be expensive because the shipping costs are high, attracting both VAT and DUTY. Then they are then marked uo several times before your long suffering renditions of Mustang Sally have paid for them.

So we should salute both TKS and Barefaced and give credit to both Bill F and Greenboy for pushing the boundaries of what Bass cabinet design can be. Keep them on their toes, if something goes wrong, tell themso they can get a handle* on it (sorry Alex). Then come back here and tell us of your experience.

While I am in temporary (I hope) retirement I will dream of owning either or both and hope that the [url="http://dansette.com/#for-sale"]"Dansette*[/url] look dissappears and a new Logo* appears that is not designed by Lego.

*Jokes so don't flame me.

Edited by Chienmortbb