Why become a member? ×

Omni 10.5, Omni 12 and Omni 15 sound clips/you tube

david_l_perry

I met up with Mottlefeeder and another couple of Bf users to try out the BFM cabs. Unfortunately one of the guys (greenmanking) who bought my Omni 10 off me (the one I brought to the lytham basschat meet) could not make it down, which is a shame as it would have been the whole omni shebang.

Mottlefeeders Omni 12 on the left, with my Omni15 on the right

Omni 15 and Omni 10.5 sat on a Titan 39 (narrow body)

The main reason for the meeting was to try out things with Mottleffeders Omni12 as he has never had much bass output from it. He had fortunately sorted out his problem (loose driver and couple of gaps to the chamber that needed sealing) and the cab is now a different beast altogether. It sounded great.

These sound clips will be best heard with headphones rather than your PC speakers for obvious reasons.

None of this was scientific, and is purely as a guide to the sound differences of the three cabs.

The Omni 10.5 sounds amazing for such a small and cheap package. This 10.5 was only loaded with the cheap eminence Beta 10" driver (£35).

The Omni 15 has (as expected) more btm end than the Omni 12 but the 12 still kicked it out.

All of the soundbites are recoreded with my Mark Bass LMK and Status bass.

Soundbites that I recorded on the Zoom H2 at the venue:-

[url="http://www.pjltd.plus.com/Omni%2012.mp3"]Omni12[/url]

[url="http://www.pjltd.plus.com/Omni15%20.mp3"]Omni15[/url]

[url="http://www.pjltd.plus.com/Omni%2010.5.mp3"]Omni 10.5[/url]

You tube vids of the same but recorded with the camera mic
The Omni 12

Omni 15

Omni 10.5

Hope this is of some benefit to somebody.

Dave

Edited by david_l_perry

[quote name='david_l_perry' post='277634' date='Sep 5 2008, 05:14 AM']Forgot to add that unfortunately the Omni 10.5 and Titan 39 combo didn't record well, and to be honest it sounded (to me at least) no bigger/better than the Omni15. Could have been room related, but it didn't do a lot for me. Shame[/quote]It shouldn't sound all that different from the O15 at normal levels, taken into the back yard and cranked to the max the difference would be obvious. The advantage to the O10.5/T39 lies in being able to leave the T39 at home when not needed, or using it for the PA sub when there's no useful house PA.