Why become a member? ×

Radio channels from bass?!

dudi8

Years back we bought a new radio, sat around the kitchen table trying all the bits & ended up listening to our next door neighbour having a slanging match with her mother in law - on the 'phone we presumed - :blink: best entertainment ever :P
Yes we used to get the police radio often too - but only one side of the conversation - annoying :angry:

Edited by KiOgon

[quote name='dudi8' timestamp='1442938293' post='2870779']
a weird thing happened today, when my bass was on active mode i could hear a radio channel from the amp and after i put on passive mode it disappear....
happend to anyone??
[/quote]
Did it only happen in a particular location? If it persists, have you checked the cavities are well screened? The amp has non-linear electronic components that will turn a radio frequency signal into audio - if it gets into the circuit.
Back in the 70s, I'd be listening to something like 'Close To The Edge' and around 2am one of the communist stations would leak through (Radio Berlin or Radio Parague). Always at the same time. Must have been someting in the hifi wiring tuned to that station, I lived 2 miles from a 100kw radio station - no problem with that.

[quote name='KiOgon' timestamp='1442942346' post='2870831']
Years back we bought a new radio, sat around the kitchen table trying all the bits & ended up listening to our next door neighbour having a slanging match with her mother in law - on the 'phone we presumed - :blink: best entertainment ever :P
[/quote]
Cordless phones used to be in a low frequency band, there were loads on my short wave radio back in the 90s. They use much higher frequencies these days (and maybe digital?)