Why become a member? ×

FS: Phil Jones Briefcase combo **WITHDRAWN**
£375

Beedster

Bought on here a few months back (original listing here [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/251224-sold-pjb-briefcase-combo-sold/page__hl__phil+jones__fromsearch__1"]http://basschat.co.u...__fromsearch__1[/url]), it's since been superseded by a PJB Flightcase and a PB-300, which is an extraordinarily versatile combination if not quite so easy to carry.

The Briefcase really is the definitive PJB product, small, easy to carry, great tone, and whilst it's by no means a loud 100w, it's loud enough for rehearsals and small gigs. It's also extremely easy to store, it sits under my desk un-noticed by, shall we say, 'certain members of my family' who might otherwise raise questions about quantity of bass-related gear. On stage it hides. I use it with DB and it reproduces the tone so well that this and the fact that I often tuck it between other gear or even behind me means that folks don't realise I'm amplified (we play a few places where amplifiers are frowned upon so this is quite a useful feature).

Works very well on all many instruments including electric bass, double bass, acoustic bass, acoustic guitar, mandolin and electric fiddle. Surprisingly I even get a lovely tone out of my Ric through it. Having said this, it sounds absolutely crap with a banjo through it, but I doubt we can blame Phil Jones for that :)

As ever I'll haggle a bit .......

Chris

Edited by Beedster

Should probably mention - as it's also mentioned in the original listing - there is a slight farting sound as the amp turns off. Interestingly this only happens if you use the on/off switch, if you turn it off from the wall it's as silent as (I'm starting to believe that PJB like to have little signature noises on their products - long story). Either way, apparently it's a common issue and doesn't effect tone or function.

Chris

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1444250821' post='2881660']
Top bit of kit...takes many by surprise with the volume and tones...after all how can an amp with silly little 5" speakers make that much noise??

Very well priced too (I think I sold mine for about £400 IIRC)

GLWTS
[/quote]

Many thanks mate, yes they are pretty special for the size and work extremely well with all instruments, from mandolin to DB. Looks like the market place may have determined that this is going to stay at mine, which isn't really the end of the world!