Why become a member? ×

Loop - The Nail Will Burn

JimBobTTD

This has to be one of my all-time favourites. Perhaps my favourite dirty bass sound too. Any ideas what kind of effects would get this kind of grind?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZlTbuLSIMU[/media]

Another Loop favourite is Arc Lite

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqL8EVnrPyE[/media]

Only good if you like this kind of stuff, though! Loop might very well have been one of the most influential bands of my life. Whilst I have never played this kind of music, a good part of anything I write has its roots in Loop.

The Nail Will Burn is an awesome song...and with you 100% on the bass sound.

Still got a huge soft spot for Loop...I must have seen them a dozen times back in the depths of the past :)

Neil MaKay used a RAT live...keep the gain quite low and the filter up and you'll get close. The only downside is the slight loss of bass - I used to use a blend pedal to dial some bass back in but now I have a custom Rat from Butterfly Effects what nails it...if you'll pardon the pun.

Right, off to turn 'The Nail Will Burn' up really loud...oh, those power chords...

I was at school with Neil. He's left Loop (after they briefly reformed and toured) and is back in NZ after many years in the UK, running his own label. Really nice guy, great bass player, and a very good footballer in his day - his brother played in the 1982 world cup and Neil himself was good enough to play at the top level in NZ.