Why become a member? ×

Spector NS5-CR (pre-EURO) SOLD
£660

Paulhauser

Dear All,

I'm thinking about letting this bass go to make funds for another incoming Spector.
I use my modded Euro5 and this one sees limited use. In fact I never took to gigs or rehearsals at all since I have it.

Anyway. This is from the SSD (Stuart Spector Design) era when he was fighting for the use of Spector brand and that dates the bass to the late '90.
The NS5-CR is the predecessor of the Euro (and later, Euro LX) line, all of these were and still is made in the Czech Republic.
The main differences compared the current Euro LX line:

- 34" vs. the current 35"
- full maple body wings vs. the current alder/walnut/maple
- EMG preamp vs. current TonePump
- abalone dot inlays vs. current crown inlays

As an addition info, this bass has the EMG DC pickups, neck through construction, contoured body and high gloss finish.
The EMG is a BQ preamp with bass and treble boost/cut. The sound is very strong and clear but not aggressive.

The condition is pretty good for a 15+ years instrument. No missing finish, chips or big dings. Smallre swirls, microdents can be found and the only visible sigh of the ageing is the discolouration of the gloss finish on the front of the headstock. One of the small screws missing form the truss rod cover.
Frets could use some levelling at certain positions, but that may be because I use a very low action. Neck is very strong, truss rod works fine and all in all it is a great instrument.

Edited by Paulhauser