Why become a member? ×

Nice Vintage Instrument!

vmaxblues

Was in a music shop yesterday and saw an immaculate, must be never used Hofner Senator bass, made in 1962 and all original! with original sales receipt too.

It is currently getting a clean up and set up but it will be basically a NOS bass from the 60's!

I think it will be going out for around the £500 mark, if anyone is interested I will put you in touch with the guy before it goes on sale.

Just thought I would do a heads up in case anyone was looking for a genuine vintage instrument!

[quote name='vmaxblues' timestamp='1445502496' post='2891890']
Was in a music shop yesterday and saw an immaculate, must be never used Hofner Senator bass, made in 1962 and all original! with original sales receipt too.

It is currently getting a clean up and set up but it will be basically a NOS bass from the 60's!

I think it will be going out for around the £500 mark, if anyone is interested I will put you in touch with the guy before it goes on sale.

Just thought I would do a heads up in case anyone was looking for a genuine vintage instrument!
[/quote]

$500.00 sounds off and very low for a 62.

Blue

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1445641889' post='2893138']

$500.00 sounds off and very low for a 62.

Blue
[/quote]

When you take into account the exchange rate from £ to $ - £500 becomes around $765. I'm not well up on vintage Hofner prices. Does this still seem too low, about right or too high?

I'm sure I've posted about this before, but when I was at school in the 70s, the school's bass and guitar were two Hofner semis - the bass being a mint condition 60s President, but of course, we jam fingered oiks weren't allowed to actually touch them, let alone play them, so they sat in the locked music cupboard, in pristine condition, untouched.

My old school amalgamated with another in the early 80s, and I sometimes wonder if they were 'lost' in transit to the new site!