Why become a member? ×

Who did you see live last?

ubit

On 05/08/2024 at 09:22, Peloquin said:

Well that's Rebellion done,  I'll try to remember who I saw,  in no particular order...

Spunk Volcano  ( @joeystrange)😄

Dirtbox Disco

S L F

The Sweet

TV Smith

Henry Cluney 

In Evil Hour

Millie Manders and The Shutup 

The Baboon Show

The Alarm

Kirk Brandon

Channel 3

LA Inquisition 

Toyah

The Meffs 

Jess (Raising Ravens)

Roman Jugg (interview)

Old Time Sailors (🤔)

Barstool Preachers

The Pack

Boggy Formby

Cassie Fox

Subhumans 

Sham 69

18 Fevers

If I think of any others I'll add to it. 

Highlights, again,  no real order...

Dirtbox

SVatE

SLF

Henry Cluney

Millie Manders

TV Smith

In Evil Hour (if you get chance to see then acoustic, jump at it.)

I didn't know Kirk Brandon was gigging the Pack again.  I saw Theatre of Hate back in the day but I never saw the Pack; my brother saw them supporting the Ruts and I was quite envious.  I'd love to see the Pack play.

• 2 weeks later...

A number of bands at the St Anne's on the Sea Music Festival on Monday, which was completely free (kudos to Fylde Council). A couple of chums were in some of the bands, including 'Christine McVie' from Fleetwood Bac. 

P1060577.thumb.jpeg.2387626472e33f933b160e52d8949d33.jpeg

P1060580.thumb.jpeg.5065bde65dfdbf526719846fdda7aa02.jpeg

P1060570.thumb.jpeg.65e548ec1ceaa9e3a07f9fad3a5e49cc.jpeg

P1060572.thumb.jpeg.60f90e64caa221ed4e010bbd52bd3f76.jpeg

Edited by ezbass

I went to see Pixies with my daughter last night. Support was a Dublin band called Sprints. I was a bit unsure at the start but they were really good and I'd recommend checking them out.

Pixies were incredible! Best gig I've been to in a long time. The new bassist, Emma Richardson, did a great job.

Rickie Lee Jones at the Union Chapel in Islington last night.

20240829_0007-2.thumb.jpg.d079f0df416cd6524472cdd78ecf0688.jpg

I've loved Rickie's music for over 40 years, but this was my first time seeing her live, and it was sublime.

No bass player, but ably supported by Ben Rosenblum (who picked up the low end on occasion) and Mike Dillon on percussion and vibes.

Edited by cybertect

Last night Welsh punks Pizza Tramp played our local. They weren't amazing.

The opening act were absolutely brilliant though. They were a grindcore band from Bristol called Priest Crippler. They were brutally heavy and absolutely hilarious. It was part extreme metal, part standup comedy.

• Like 1

We braved the rain to see James Oliver last night. Loads of his banter, amazing what he gets away with. High point included him going out into the porch while playing. He greeted a smoker who apparently replied "eff off". He also whacked his 56 tele so hard against the mike stand the cable fell out...

Had a good chat at the break about what it's like to gig with Norman Watt-Roy.

Afterwards the roads were pretty floody...

• Like 1

I was at a local village hall on Saturday night to see the Haley Sisters from Yorkshire.  I first met Jo-Ann and Becky in the early 90s when they were in their late teens but Becky has just become a grandmother!  They have been a fixture on the British country music scene since they hit the road and provide close sibling harmonies with some good guitar work.  Becky married Brian Smith who has played in Nashville and recorded and toured with Crystal Gayle.  He is an amazing guitarist and adds a lot to the overall sound.  Becky plays semi acoustic guitar and Jo-Ann the Hofner violin bass.  I love Jo-Ann's playing as it is perfect for the songs they do and the harmonies they produce are so natural.  Their sound system is also excellent and consists of a Yamaha powered mixer feeding a Bose tower set up with small woofer to handle the bass.  The sound is clear and loud enough to not be uncomfortable.  As I play their songs on my radio programme I was asked to compare the show before sitting back to enjoy the evening.  To add to the event we enjoyed pie and peas before hand!

The photos and video were taken on mobile phones and the stage lighting played havoc with the focussing but I hope they give some idea of how the evening went.  They do have videos on their YouTube channel which will give you more of an idea of what they sound like and their song selection.

received_541588931582918[1].jpeg

20240914_212108[1].jpg

20240914_223147[1].jpg

• Like 1