Why become a member? ×

Who did you see live last?

ubit

On 20/10/2024 at 22:18, FretsOnFire said:

The Australian pink Floyd show on Friday

Great show but felt like the band was literally just going through the motions with very very little crowd interaction 

I was at Symphony Hall and felt the same. It’s only the second time I’ve seen them but it just didn’t compare to the first at that was at the same venue. Great music but the atmosphere was a little flat to say the least.

Over the last couple of weeks I’ve seen The Darts at the Butter Market in Shrewsbury which was great. They were the first live band I saw back around ‘76/ ‘77 and they were still really good! Last Saturday I went to see Remi Harris/ Man of the World at Joe Joe Jim’s on Saturday, absolutely awesome. Then last night I went to see Walter Trout at The Stables in Milton Keynes, what a great night although getting back home at 1:15 on a school night wasn’t the best!

Looking forward to this Saturday, going to see Y&T at KK’s… can’t wait!

On 21/10/2024 at 13:21, cetera said:

Alice Cooper at Hammy-O last night. Seen him numerous times over the last 30 years and last night was one of the best. Fantastic set list and the band were tight and rocking. Great sound too. Loved it :)

I saw Alice for the 1st time on Monday Night 21st Oct at Hammersmith, great venue but always a bugger to get to from the Herts/Essex border but finally found a good route by train/tube at long last.

The Meffs were not bad a lot of energy and noise for just 2 people, a punk version of the White stripes, loved there cover of the prodigy, I enjoyed them.

Glen Matlock well I don't want to be to harsh, he was on rhythm guitar and vocals, didn't really do it for me , and they even attempted the sacred stuff by finishing with a awful version of Pretty Vacant, but that's just my opinion.

Wow Alice was amazing the whole band was incredible, the stage set and lighting, was just superb. Alice may not of spoken to the crowd but he interacted throughout and I felt thoroughly engrossed in the proceedings.

Great set list although he didn't play my favourite Alice tune but you cant have everything so it was still a treat to be there.

Loved the theatrics and different costumes Alice adorned. Loved the closing version of Schools out mixed with another brick in the wall. Alice was absolutely fantastic amazing energy and singing for a man of his age, would definitely see him again. Top night out.  

• Like 2

The The on their Ensouled world tour in Usher Hall in Edinburgh a month ago. 
They played two sets - the first set was the new album, Ensoulment, in its entirety. Not my favourite album, but hearing it played live was really good. The second set was all the 'classics' from Burning Blue Soul up to Dusk. I would have paid the ticket price solely for the second set, it was that good! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, johnDeereJack said:

The The on their Ensouled world tour in Usher Hall in Edinburgh a month ago. 
They played two sets - the first set was the new album, Ensoulment, in its entirety. Not my favourite album, but hearing it played live was really good. The second set was all the 'classics' from Burning Blue Soul up to Dusk. I would have paid the ticket price solely for the second set, it was that good! 

How amazing was Giant in the encore? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Attic Man said:

Glen Matlock well I don't want to be to harsh, he was on rhythm guitar and vocals, didn't really do it for me , and they even attempted the sacred stuff by finishing with a awful version of Pretty Vacant, but that's just my opinion.

Yeah have to agree that I`m not a fan of his guitar & singing stuff, really should stick with bass & backing vox imo, much better in that role. He even says in his book he`s "got a rotten Hobsons" - Hobsons being voice for those not versed in Cockney.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grapefruitmoon said:

How amazing was Giant in the encore? 

Man, pretty much that entire second set was superb. But Yes, Giant was top notch. I see you're in Edinburgh. Were you at Usher Hall too?

It was great to hear Icing Up from Burning Blue Soul. Didn't expect anything from that album at all to be honest, though I think he could have chosen something else, like Song Without an Ending, Sun Rising Through my Garden, Bugle Boy, Another Boy Drowning for example. Nevertheless, great gig.