Why become a member? ×

Who are you seeing live next?

Japhet

Foo Fighters, pure coincidence. I watched 'Rock Now' on TV this Tuesday, they played 45 mins of Foo Fighters songs. Then I checked on Google if they tour currently which they do. Bought two tickets on Wednesday for the next week London show. Happy days 

• Like 1

On 12/06/2024 at 20:49, Richard R said:

The best of plus the last two albums should do you.  Foo Fighters are one of those bands I admire more than I actually listen to, but I bet they are one hell of a live act.

They certainly are. I will be there on the 17th too. Great band.

My wife got tickets to see Taylor Swift at Wembly on Saturday. We're nipping over on the train and getting a hotel for the night. Should be good! Feel like I need to book a metal gig to go to as well though 🤣

• Haha 1

Sting this Wednesday.  Not quite a bass player's bass player but the breadth of his work, songwriting and lyrics put him firmly in my top 5 favourite artists of all time.  Can't wait!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MichaelDean said:

My wife got tickets to see Taylor Swift at Wembly on Saturday. We're nipping over on the train and getting a hotel for the night. Should be good! Feel like I need to book a metal gig to go to as well though 🤣

The universe corrects itself, I won a ticket to ArcTanGent.

• Like 2

Julie Christmas next week

Really looking forward to is as she was astonishing at last year's Damnation Festival and her new record is my album of the year so far

Dom Martin Trio this evening in Wermelskirchen/Germany. Never saw them live before and I'm really in the mood for listening to handmade music today.

Edited by smithy

22 minutes ago, smithy said:

Dom Martin Trio this evening in Wermelskirchen/Germany. Never saw them live before and I'm really in the mood for listening to handmade music today.

Is that at Haus Eifgen? I played there a few months ago. Lovely little place...

1 hour ago, cetera said:

Is that at Haus Eifgen? I played there a few months ago. Lovely little place...

Yes,  it is. It's one of the very few places in our area that still offers great bands and music. Is it just me or are these places getting more and more rare ?!

• Like 1

On 22/06/2024 at 14:34, Musicman666 said:

off tonight to see a bunch of guys fight some foo...

I have tickets for Villa Park Thursday, despite not enjoying stadium gigs generally I am buzzing for it. Should be epic.

• Like 1

Guy Pratt watch… Poole, 25/6/24.

Alternated a Ricky with two Precisions, once donning a Telecaster guitar!

Put a Quadrophenia bass riff into Arnold Layne and a Jam riff into See Emily Play.

Did a surprising amount of lead vocals.

Cued Nick Mason in numerous times, only to be repaid by the comment that ‘both bass players I have worked with have been…awkward’.

All in all a solid 8 out of 10 on a night when England were decidedly missable. I would recommend Saucerful of Secrets!

IMG_8583.thumb.jpeg.da26aa6fcaee225e2189b71fb23975e3.jpeg

Edited by Mickeyboro
  • Like 2