Why become a member? ×

Who are you seeing live next?

Japhet

Unfortunately, the answer is no one.  No one I'd choose to see anyway, because I can't justify (or afford) paying what tickets for "names" cost now.

It's going to be a lucky dip with local bands from now on. Hopefully I'll find some nice surprises...

I could never buy tickets for a band more than a month or two in advance, as I would rather be playing myself. 

So apart from the bands that I'll be supporting over the next three months, I'll be going to see:

IST IST on 17th October at The Rescue Rooms

Machiner and Westenra on 2nd November at Whitby Brewery

Some other bands at WGW although I haven't decided which other gigs I fancy going to yet.

Vision Video on 2nd December at The Bodega

23 hours ago, mike257 said:

Sounding lovely in rehearsals today. You're in for a treat!

PXL_20241001_192540594_MP.thumb.jpg.1b3afc3aa1cb5ac355cd6693f7fb01e2.jpg

Nice to see the cream bass with the maple fretboard is back, I love the look of that. I see he's been playing a surf green one lately. Must have been great to hear the rehearsal. 

I've got a comparatively busy few weeks coming up - I'm playing six gigs with Roxy Magic before the end of the year, but I'm hoping to squeeze these shows in as well:

Oct 9: 10cc

Oct 12: Redd Kross

Oct 20: High Llamas

Oct 31: Big Star ‘Radio City’ 50th Anniversary Show

Dec 6:  We Are Not Devo!

41 minutes ago, The Attic Man said:

Alice Cooper - 21st October Hammersmith Apollo

cant wait

I didn't realise he was touring at the mo. 

I've love an Alice Cooper gig. 

Tonight, The Courettes (a ‘rock’n’roll duo’ - not sure how that works, I assume backing tracks) at Night and Day in Manchester - hope the neighbours upstairs don’t mind 🙄. Suggestion of a mate who usually suggests plaintive Scottish folk stuff - no idea what he sees in them, will find out. 

Thursday 24th, the always magnificent Honeyfeet fronted by the always formidable Rioghnach Connolly, Albert Hall in Manchester as part of Womex (so the support may be interesting). Seen them many times but never in such a big venue - indeed I wonder if they’ve ever played such a big venue? I heartily recommend these guys if anyone is interested. 

1 hour ago, nekomatic said:

Tonight, The Courettes (a ‘rock’n’roll duo’ - not sure how that works, I assume backing tracks) at Night and Day in Manchester 

No backing tracks when I saw them, just a raw, garage-y guitar and drums duo. Should be a good night if they're on form 👍

Really looking forward to next Tuesday to see Public Service Broadcasting at a night club in Kingston. They’re doing some low key album launch gigs before their full tour later in the autumn. The new album is themed on the last flight of Amelia Aerhart and the singles so far have been cracking!

Will be interesting to see what audio visuals they have lined up for these tunes - always a big element to their music/shows.

Steve Hackett

Squeeze

Chic/Niall Rodgers

The Musical Box

The tickets for Iron Maiden in Birmingham sold out very quickly, so I missed out on those. I might try a bit nearer the date if they are not ridiculously priced. I did see them around 1983 though - proper back in the day, and not in a huge arena either

58 minutes ago, PaulThePlug said:

Motötheadache at the Tonbridge Wells Forum with my youngest Son (16) for a bit of nostalgia... Frequent visits to Hammersmith Odeon in the 80's and 90's for Motörhead and Hawkwind.

Motorheadache are playing The Craufurd Arms, Milton Keynes just after Xmas, fairly sure I’ll go to that.

• Like 1