20.11  Blossoms

06.12  Human League

14.12  Chameleons 

Bit of a mixed bag there 😅

• Like 4

On 04/10/2024 at 20:53, nekomatic said:

Cool, do let us know how it was!

In short, excellent!

Certainly a good reminder what a phenomenal vocalist Eddi Reader is, with the rest of the band leaving her the space to get on with it.

To address your earlier misgivings, Eddi did encourage the audience to sing along at various points throughout the show, but it wasn’t intrusive. ‘Perfect’ was about the only number where everyone joined in and it began to compete. There was a good mix of old songs and tracks from the new album.

My wife had go us some great seats in the third row; I had Graham Norton sat right in front of me 🙂

Fairground Attraction at the Festival Hall, London

Edited by cybertect
  • Like 2

Del Amitri in Sheffield Leadmill in December. Been a lifelong fan of theirs since hearing them on Steve Wright in the Afternoon back in the 1980s, but never been to see them. Time is running out to see them perform I suspect, with Justin’s Parkinson’s diagnosis. 

Also my missus has got us tickets for The Darkness in Leicester next year. It’s only a few miles from our house so it would be rude not to frankly. 

On 04/10/2024 at 16:52, Stub Mandrel said:

Mostly local bands, but in january the guitarist from our blues band is supporting Cardinal Black with his other band (The Rogues) in Cardiff.

Just booked tickets for Hawkwind in Birmingham in April.

Chris Buck superb guitarist, beautiful tone and technique 👍

• Like 1

After seeing Moon Safari last Friday at Trading Boundaries (great band and venue) I came home to an expensive ordering session for:

Raul Midón - 15 Nov

Tiger Moth Tales - 16 Nov; and

Lifesigns - 24 Nov

…all at Trading Boundaries.

I was also reminded by #2 son that  he got tickets for me and him for Dream Theater on 20 Oct at the O2. This one will be interesting to get to and move about as it’s the day before my leg cast is removed and I am still non weight bearing so shall be in ‘the appliance’

IMG_0350.jpeg

Edited by WalMan
  • Like 2

I have:

Simply Dan (awesome Steely Dan tribute) this Friday night in Wokingham

Alastair Greene (ex-Alan Parsons Live Project guitarist) with his blues band next Thursday in Aldershit

Alice Cooper on Sat 20th at Hammy-O
Uncle Funk at Bracknell on Sat 26th

Stewart Copeland (spoken word) in Fleet on Sun 3rd Nov
Big Horizon (debut show from Jeff Lynne's backing band in ELO.... feat. Lee Pomeroy) at Pizza Express, London on 8th Nov
Nu-Yacht Kings 'Young Gun Silver Fox' at Islington Assembly Hall on 30th Nov

Falling In Reverse at O2 Arena on 16 Dec.

Plenty to keep my busy between now and Xmas then!

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/10/2024 at 17:11, tricky said:

08.10  Crowded House

18.10  Public Service Broadcasting 

07.11  Hue and Cry

20.11  Blossoms

06.12  Human League

14.12  Chameleons 

Bit of a mixed bag there 😅

I quite like a few tracks by the Blossoms and Crowded house, don’t they used to be Split Enz, and I didn’t know human league were still around 

21 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

I quite like a few tracks by the Blossoms and Crowded house, don’t they used to be Split Enz, and I didn’t know human league were still around 

They did but Neil and Tim Finn split. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

I've sold the Human League tickets and bought tickets for the Damned the same night.. much more me! 

Don't know anything really by Blossoms despite them being Stockport like I am!

I sold them a guitar 2 years ago.. Gibson Dove. God I miss that! 

(Crowded House was great tbf and am just back from Public Service Broadcasting which was ace!)

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

As someone who was a massive fan of The Human League in the early 80s (I even sported the Phil Oakey asymmetric hairstyle in 1981) but I was never in a position to see them live back in the day. I finally got to see them play 10 years ago and while it was enjoyable, in hindsight it re-enforced the feeling that I'd missed out by not having seen them in 1980. These days the line up is Phil, the two girls and a 3 session players. The set list is mostly taken from Dare and the 2 subsequent albums (that's what the majority of their audience want). They played one pre-Dare song (Circus Of Death). From what I've read since seeing them I doubt if the set list will have changed much, main variable being which early song they do as a part of the encore. I think the only way I be tempted to see them play again would be if it was the original line up with Adrian Wright doing the slide show playing Travelogue and earlier material.

46 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

As someone who was a massive fan of The Human League in the early 80s (I even sported the Phil Oakey asymmetric hairstyle in 1981) but I was never in a position to see them live back in the day. I finally got to see them play 10 years ago and while it was enjoyable, in hindsight it re-enforced the feeling that I'd missed out by not having seen them in 1980. These days the line up is Phil, the two girls and a 3 session players. The set list is mostly taken from Dare and the 2 subsequent albums (that's what the majority of their audience want). They played one pre-Dare song (Circus Of Death). From what I've read since seeing them I doubt if the set list will have changed much, main variable being which early song they do as a part of the encore. I think the only way I be tempted to see them play again would be if it was the original line up with Adrian Wright doing the slide show playing Travelogue and earlier material.

I saw them do the Dare 40 year anniversary show last year (or the year before? )  and we were lucky to be front and centre in the Arena. Superb

The thing that amazed me was Oakeys voice was just perfect.. and they really did put on a great gig

On 19/10/2024 at 13:54, BigRedX said:

They headlined the Rewind festival a couple of years ago and were really excellent. The early song that time was Being Boiled - my favourite of theirs

• Like 2