Why become a member? ×

Who are you seeing live next?

Japhet

4 hours ago, Mickeyboro said:

Cued Nick Mason in numerous times, only to be repaid by the comment that ‘both bass players I have worked with have been…awkward’.

Same joke in Birmingham last week, but after the first song when Nick asked for no flash photography as it hurt the bass player's delicate eyes.

Good fun live, and I think they quite enjoy ribbing each other on stage. Shame they didn't play Green in the Colour.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Richard R said:

Same joke in Birmingham last week, but after the first song when Nick asked for no flash photography as it hurt the bass player's delicate eyes.

Good fun live, and I think they quite enjoy ribbing each other on stage. Shame they didn't play Green in the Colour.

And in Cardiff on Monday. Nick said the band welcomed the audience videoing but to switch the little light off as it annoyed the bass player. Guy added that the light didn't work (it doesn't in that context). Later he introduced Guy as the less annoying bass player. But it all felt as if it was part of the stage banter.

12 hours ago, Franticsmurf said:

And in Cardiff on Monday. Nick said the band welcomed the audience videoing but to switch the little light off as it annoyed the bass player. Guy added that the light didn't work (it doesn't in that context). Later he introduced Guy as the less annoying bass player. But it all felt as if it was part of the stage banter.

Indeed. They’re an anomaly, a band without a frontman whose drummer uses a hand-held mic to converse with the audience every third song or so.

We could spend hours discussing the use of the gong…😂

• Haha 1

Off to see Suede and Manics at Eden tomorrow. 

A double headliner tour but I was surprised that Suede are on last, effectively headlining. I'm looking forward to Suede more but Manics must be the more popular band. Maybe they alternate. 

I haven't seen the Manics since they were a four piece. 

13 minutes ago, Merton said:

Was supposed to be Pearl Jam tomorrow but they’ve just cancelled 😭

Half sold stadium wasn't a good look.... :(

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, cetera said:

Half sold stadium wasn't a good look.... :(

I would love to have gone but looked at ticket prices and travel costs and it’s just not viable for me. And stadium gigs aren’t generally the best experience anyway.

2 minutes ago, T-Bay said:

I would love to have gone but looked at ticket prices and travel costs and it’s just not viable for me. And stadium gigs aren’t generally the best experience anyway.

Ticketsheister was frantically trying to flog tkts at half price over the last few days. Guess it didn't help ;)

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, MacDaddy said:

I saw the Manics when Richie was still with them. His guitar wasn't even plugged in!

Yeah but he looked f*****g epic! 😂😂

45 minutes ago, cetera said:

Ticketsheister was frantically trying to flog tkts at half price over the last few days. Guess it didn't help ;)

Makes a change from trying to flog tickets at double price!

54 minutes ago, cetera said:

They are saying illness now and apparently Eddie’s voice was struggling previously so could be true. I hope not though as 1, hope he is ok, and 2, we need some more sensible ticket prices out there.

11 minutes ago, T-Bay said:

They are saying illness now and apparently Eddie’s voice was struggling previously so could be true. I hope not though as 1, hope he is ok, and 2, we need some more sensible ticket prices out there.

Funnily enough they said the same about Ann Wilson with Heart recently when they cancelled their UK dates (that we barely half sold). Make of that what you will ;)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mickeyboro said:

Indeed. They’re an anomaly, a band without a frontman whose drummer uses a hand-held mic to converse with the audience every third song or so.

We could spend hours discussing the use of the gong…😂

I believe that is a conversation for Gongchat. 😂

6 hours ago, T-Bay said:

i was at the Manchester gig and Eddie was struggling. It sort of made it fairly unique as the band did what they could to help out. Mike McCready was absolutely on fire, and Jeff Ament is one of the coolest guys on the planet. 
We’d arrived early and queued so were nice and close. So close I felt something hit me and realised Jeff had thrown a pick - which I happily gathered up and will keep as a prized possession (have told the wife I want to be buried with it when my time is up) and my guitarist son grabbed a Mick McCready pic, who is quite liberal at throwing handfuls out to the crowd in front of him. 

I’ve seen them 8 times, the first being back in’96 and despite Ed’s obvious struggles it might be my favourite show. 

Absolutely gutted for those who had tickets tomorrow - I was mulling over the 6+ hour drive to see them again. Hopefully they’ll be back soon as they’re just incredible live. I just hope they drop the prices significantly and consider a few more dates at arenas. It suits them better. 

• Like 1

I’ve got tickets to see the ‘Northern Soul Orchestrated’ tour in November.

Basically the same line up as seen on BBC4 Northern Soul Proms from the RAH.

Also confirmed that the wonderful Steve Pearce will again be in the bass chair - can’t wait!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Well, I was supposed to be seeing Trevor Horn’s band doing a selection of his hits this Friday but sadly he’d had a minor heart attack and had to have a stent fitted so gigging is definitely off the agenda. Get well soon, Trev.

However, the venue  has managed to secure The ELO Experience to plat again so we’ll be going to be seeing them instead - can’t wait! Seen them before and they put on a great show. They’re very good. So clouds and silver linings etc. The only shame is that, I understand, that our very own @casapeteis no longer holding down the bottom end for them. 

Edited by TrevorR

21 hours ago, casapete said:

I’ve got tickets to see the ‘Northern Soul Orchestrated’ tour in November.

Basically the same line up as seen on BBC4 Northern Soul Proms from the RAH.

Also confirmed that the wonderful Steve Pearce will again be in the bass chair - can’t wait!

Nice. Steve’s such a good player!!!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, WalMan said:

eXTC at The Factory this coming Thursday

Caught them at The Crown Swindon a couple of years ago just after TC&I announced they were not going to continue.

They were very good, even Dave Gregory was having a nose.....be nice to hear what you think of it.