Why become a member? ×

Who are you seeing live next?

Japhet

On 03/08/2024 at 16:43, Cliff Edge said:

I shall be in Bexhill on Sea this evening watching Curtis Stigers at the Del La Warr Pavilion. Part of the Rye Jazz and Blues Festival. 

Excellent show and a full house to boot. 

• 1 month later...

Oh and I’m tempted by the Fairground Attraction reunion that comes here the following weekend, but put off by the thought that it might just be a massive sing-along-fest.

I don’t care if people yell their lungs out to Perfect, it was never one of my favourites anyway, but I’m not paying fifty quid to have Allelujah or The Moon Is Mine drowned out by the flipping punters. 

Just got back from seeing Texas in Birmingham. Not a band I'd usually go to see, but went with a friend.

Wow - what a show! Great sound, the band were fantastic and she can still wail. So nice to see someone with charisma fronting a band too.

Favourite bit was when Charlene went right up to a woman that was waving several cardboard signs. She looked at them all, chatted with the woman a bit then said "I can't help thinking of the people behind you as you're waving those signs. I've seen them all now, so put the f***ing things down and let's party". All good natured but it got a good laugh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 13/09/2024 at 18:07, WalMan said:

Hopefully Big Big Train at Thorndell Hall on Monday, but that rather depends on how recuperation from the operation last Tuesday comes along

Gutted. I’ve had to accept the inevitable that it’s too soon after the op last Tuesday and I’m really not mobile enough (also wifey didn’t want to drive the first leg to a mate who was going to do the main drive) so I have passed them on to my partner in crime in The Volunteer Club project. 

Edited by WalMan
Spellin’