Why become a member? ×

SOLD - MIA Fender Precision - black 'n' maple . . .
£650

TimAl

Hello there all,

I'm selling my 2004-05 MIA Fender Precision Bass - to be fair she's way above my league & I really should thin the herd a bit so I'm letting her go.

She plays FANTASTICALLY well with the perfect neck for me & a low action, plus sounds exactly as she should. Totally original & at first glance she's mint - but looking closely there are a couple of marks which are hugely exaggerated in these pictures - but I've photographed her with studio lights as they're very unforgiving so you can see her at her 'worst' here - she genuinely looks much better in the flesh.

Only point to note is that there is some lacquer crazing on the back of the neck - mainly around the 12th fret which you can see in the attached pic - which is somewhat bizarre as the rest of her is in excellent condition - but is totally unnoticeable when playing.

Fitted with the S1 switch & complete with OHSC & case candy as pictured.

£650 firm please, with payment via cash, bank transfer or PayPal but you cover the fees, & I'm afraid I'm out of the market for trades at the moment. I'm more than happy to box up securely & courier to you for an additional £30 (UK mainland) but would ideally prefer you to come & have a noodle to make sure she's as good as I think she is before parting with any lolly. I'm just outside Kimbolton in Cambridgeshire & work from home, so am pretty flexible on timings, plus the kettle's always on . . .

Many thanks
Tim

Edited by TimAl

Hi Tim,
That looks lovely. I've got inexplicable GAS for a black P, with maple neck atm
Probably brought on by the Squier CV 70's P

I think I know the answer to this already, but I'm assuming it's a modern "C" shaped / profile neck?

Oh GAS, cruel GAS ;)
GLWTS - someone please buy this quickly

[quote name='Marc S' timestamp='1446805295' post='2902443']
I think I know the answer to this already, but I'm assuming it's a modern "C" shaped / profile neck?
[/quote]

Howdy Marc - As far as I'm aware it is yes, but I'm sure someone with far more knowledge than I will say if it's not. Thanks for the kind words.

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1446836168' post='2902829']
Great bass.
Great bloke.
FABULOUS photography.

Hurry up and get it bought peeps.
[/quote]

Thanks Karlfer, v kind & hugely appreciated.

[quote name='tom1946' timestamp='1446840539' post='2902878']
Hell's teeth that's amazing! I might get myself into trouble here....... :blink:
[/quote]

LOL - I'd wager not in as much trouble as I'm in with Mrs Tim, hence the sale ;)

I've realised I've forgotten to add the weight - I've just ordered some decent scales so will edit the post once they arrive with the exact weight, but I must say it's seriously light compared to other P's I've had the pleasure of.

Cheers all,
Tim

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1447144277' post='2905136']
BOO HISS!!!!!!! :angry:

It may well be sold but we (well me) DEMAND comedy plate mock ups before thread lock :P
[/quote]

No comedy plate mockups to see here, but sweet dreams Karl . . .