Why become a member? ×

Feeler: Eden WT800B unused and as new

alanbass1

I have just come back from a 3 year work assignment in the states and thought I might get to do some playing whilst out there so I picked up this amp new from Bass Central. However, work commitments were such that I never got to join a band and the amp sat in my spare room. When I returned from my assignment in June I came back to the amps that I had in storage and the type of gigs I'm currently doing just does not warrant the power of the WT800B (I have a WT400 plus which is my main gigging amp).

The amp has had about 20 hours of home use and is as new with no marks or knocks whatsoever. Being from he States it is the dual voltage model (110/220) so can be used anywhere if you are likely to tour.

Details of the amp can be found here which describes the 'C' variant, although from what I see/read there is no difference (the 'B' version also has improved cooling and greater power - 440 watts per channel @ 4 ohms/ 550 watts per channel @ 2ohms - 880 watts briged @ 8 ohms/ 1100 watts bridged @ 4 ohms)

[url="http://www.eden-electronics.com/products/amps/indiv/wt800.asp"]http://www.eden-electronics.com/products/a...indiv/wt800.asp[/url]

I thought I would put it up here to see whether there is any interest. (Sensible) Cash offers welcome or trades for a nice bass would be considered. I could also put up two EA CXL112 cabs (one immaculate and one with some (very) minor wear) with the amp for the right bass - this would make an awesome rig.

I'm located in Richmond (Surrey/London). I'm figuring £795 for the Eden, £375 and £325 for the cabs (The EA cabs also come with covers). Probably £1325 for a job lot cash sale. Trade value around the £1450 mark.

Edited by alanbass1

As this is only a feeler I think it's Ok to make a comment on the price of the Eden head. Brand new ones are listing at under £900 in the States and because the transformer has a switching power supply they are a good purchase for travellers wishing to bring one back to the UK. £100 discount for an older model type probably isn't going to attract a lot of interest.

Edited by molan

[quote name='molan' post='281538' date='Sep 10 2008, 11:35 PM']As this is only a feeler I think it's Ok to make a comment on the price of the Eden head. Brand new ones are listing at under £900 in the States and because the transformer has a switching power supply they are a good purchase for travellers wishing to bring one back to the UK. £100 discount for an older model type probably isn't going to attract a lot of interest.[/quote]

I accept partly what you say. But the WT800B and WT800C are virtually identical - unlike the move from the standard WT800 to the B version which saw a significant power increase and the ability to go to 2 ohms (4 ohms bridged). Also, with the current excange rate it's a little over £900 to buy one direct from the states. Add to that shipping, which could add as much as £100, and the fact that there is 17.5% VAT and 4.5% duty which will add another £180, someone getting one direct from the States should anticipate spending between £1100 and £1200. Thomann is selling the WT800C for £1400:

[url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/eden_wt_800c.htm"]http://www.thomann.de/gb/eden_wt_800c.htm[/url]

Also, if someone wanted the whole stack the price goes down further and I would always entertain sensible offers. Lastly, my preference would be a trade for a bass so that might be a good option for someone wanting such a head that has a spare bass lying around that they don't use.

All in all, I feel pretty OK with the price I'm indicating, especially as the head is as good as new (probably better than any that's been on demo) and I'm not really in any hurry to offload it - it just seems a shame to have such a piece of kit that gets no use.

Edited by alanbass1

• 3 months later...