Why become a member? ×

Diabolik!

GazWills

OK, I am in deep smit!

Just tried my new malekko diabolik at practice, and it is stupendous. Snarling, brassmaster goodness. I used to own one, and it was good, but SO loud, you had to set everything at 8-9 o'clock to use it with other pedals live. However, I think they may have updated it, as now, unity is nearer 12 o'clock, and I was able to properly ramp up the knobs and MY GOD it sounds good. It made my tall font russian sound a little bit lame by comparison. Nothing has done that before!!

Very happy indeed!!

That's good to hear. I've been thinking about getting one for a while and the YT demos seem good. It'll be a toss up between the Diabolik and a Duality. Although my only other Darkglass experience has been a VMT and I was really disappointed with it.

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1449615669' post='2925322']
OK, I am in deep smit!

Just tried my new malekko diabolik at practice, and it is stupendous. Snarling, brassmaster goodness. I used to own one, and it was good, but SO loud, you had to set everything at 8-9 o'clock to use it with other pedals live. However, I think they may have updated it, as now, unity is nearer 12 o'clock, and I was able to properly ramp up the knobs and MY GOD it sounds good. It made my tall font russian sound a little bit lame by comparison. Nothing has done that before!!

Very happy indeed!!
[/quote]

When you say "Tall Font Russian" do you mean the real deal or the Wren&Cuff TFR? I had two W&C TFR's and only sold them because od/fuzz didn't fit the bands i was in at the time but as soon as i have some need of fuzz goodness i know i'll be getting TFR#3 ;)