Why become a member? ×

Anyone familiar with Spitfire Audio and Native Instruments ?

ambient

I just bought a new sample library from Spitfire Audio. If anyone is unfamiliar with them, they create some amazing ample libraries. I already own their orchestral string library.

They also offer great student discount :).

You have to use NI's Kontakt 5 player, to be able to play the samples back in Logic. To do that, you have to first of all register the purchase using the NI service centre.

This is what I'm having a problem with. It already shows my registration of the orchestral sample library, but I can't see how to add a new product. It's almost certainly be being a bit dim today, I have an extremely bad cold at the moment :).

If anyone can help, I'd be really grateful.

:)

[quote name='lowdown' timestamp='1449952166' post='2928387']
Yep, I use Spitfire Audio.
I will have a look in the morning (presuming you haven't sorted by then).

What library did you get?
[/quote]

Brilliant, thanks :).

I think it may have been you mentioned on here about them, in response to me asking for sample library recommendations.

I've got the Albion strings package that I bought about 2 years ago. I just bought the EDNA01 Earth library. The sounds on the website are amazing.

If I am reading your post correctly,
you need to open up Kontakt first (either in Standalone mode or within your DAW).

On the tab at the top of Kontakt, click on the browse icon (it looks like a folder).
This will open up a side bar on the left of Kontakt, which contains library files and Libraries.
It should say Files/Libraries/Database/Monitor/Modules/Auto.
Click on the libraries tab, on the dropdown, click on 'Add Library',
then navigate to where "EDNA01 Earth library" has been installed.
That's it. It should then show up in the library pane of Kontakt.

If it is not a library patch, but just Kontakt files, click in the files tab instead of library tab.
Again, on the left hand side, locate from there. The only downside if it is not a Library patch is,
you have to drag the file patches manually into the window on the right hand side.
I don't have the library in question, so I am not sure if it is a Library patch or a file patch.

There are plenty of videos on YouTube explaining all this, with some neat features on
'quick loading', which is a great feature.

Adding a library.
[media]http://youtu.be/200LmitfW1U[/media]

Edited by lowdown

[quote name='lowdown' timestamp='1450015756' post='2928781']
If I am reading your post correctly,
you need to open up Kontakt first (either in Standalone mode or within your DAW).

On the tab at the top of Kontakt, click on the browse icon (it looks like a folder).
This will open up a side bar on the left of Kontakt, which contains library files and Libraries.
It should say Files/Libraries/Database/Monitor/Modules/Auto.
Click on the libraries tab, on the dropdown, click on 'Add Library',
then navigate to where "EDNA01 Earth library" has been installed.
That's it. It should then show up in the library pane of Kontakt.

If it is not a library patch, but just Kontakt files, click in the files tab instead of library tab.
Again, on the left hand side, locate from there. The only downside if it is not a Library patch is,
you have to drag the file patches manually into the window on the right hand side.
I don't have the library in question, so I am not sure if it is a Library patch or a file patch.

There are plenty of videos on YouTube explaining all this, with some neat features on
'quick loading', which is a great feature.

Adding a library.
[media]http://youtu.be/200LmitfW1U[/media]
[/quote]

That's worked, brilliant, thank you !

That opened a window so I could enter my activation code.

Thanks again :)