Why become a member? ×

50s Precisions at Andy Baxter's

LewisK1975

[quote name='JapanAxe' timestamp='1453725474' post='2962107']
Cranes in Cardiff were asking £3,000 for an early 70s P last time I went in!
[/quote]

The rule of thumb seems to be that cranes prices are about double that of a anywhere else.

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1453725532' post='2962108']
I would love an old P bass... Can't really justify the cost at the moment, but some day maybe...
[/quote]

I've found a Limelight P makes a good [i]doppelgänger [/i]while one is amassing the funds for the genuine article...

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1453730163' post='2962182']
I've found a Limelight P makes a good [i]doppelgänger [/i]while one is amassing the funds for the genuine article...
[/quote]

I'm very tempted to get Mr Peterbuilt to build me a nice P.

... to be honest though in an ideal world, I'd like my old Jap P back that I sold on here a couple of years ago :blink:

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1453730622' post='2962192']
I'm very tempted to get Mr Peterbuilt to build me a nice P.

... to be honest though in an ideal world, I'd like my old Jap P back that I sold on here a couple of years ago :blink:
[/quote]

Personally I think there should be a one-day BC Amnesty, during which we all have the right to get back any bass we used to own.

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1453731466' post='2962205']
Personally I think there should be a one-day BC Amnesty, during which we all have the right to get back any bass we used to own.
[/quote]

I suspect you may want to take advantage of such a day further down the line considering some of the lovely gear you've let go recently... :blink:

I have Pm'd the buyer of my lost Jap P bass on the off chance he still has it and might consider selling it back to me :) long shot but I thought I might as well ask....

Weird, I have met Mr Baxter through a mutual friend of ours - he depped on a gig for me about 5 years ago, although I didn't meet him then.

I was later introduced to him at a christening and he seemed like a nice chap. I was told he bought and sold a few basses, but I didn't realise he was into it this much!

I might have to wiggle my eyelids at him to see if he will let a pauper and timewaster into his hallowed den, even if just to stand in the corner and breathe in the air.....

[quote name='cocco' timestamp='1453728504' post='2962150']
The rule of thumb seems to be that cranes prices are about double that of a anywhere else.
[/quote]

Not much has changed since I was a student in Cardiff in the late 80s, then :)

[Edit: I spent far more of my limited cash in [i]G M Music[/i] round the corner on Wharton Street]

Edited by cybertect

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1453731466' post='2962205']

[/quote]

That's a great idea, but at the rate we all swap basses there's gonna be some arguments :(

That said, I'll have back the Ltd Ed CS 55 P Bass i sold you, loved that one :)

Edited by Chiliwailer

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1453732322' post='2962216']
I have Pm'd the buyer of my lost Jap P bass on the off chance he still has it and might consider selling it back to me :) long shot but I thought I might as well ask....
[/quote]

Sadly it transpires that my old Jap P has moved to pastures new and now apparently resides with the bloke from the aussie Pink Floyd tribute... so chances of ever seeing that again seem minimal.