Why become a member? ×

Birdsong Basses

Prosebass

[quote name='BigRedX' post='286242' date='Sep 17 2008, 09:15 PM']If you weren't already aware, here's the [url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=355222"]Birdsong Bass Club[/url] thread on TalkBass.[/quote]

cheers

I came across this guy [url="http://ctbass.birdsong.googlepages.com/home2"]Bass Collection[/url]

Is it just me or is there something perverse about owning so many basses ? I used to "collect" things especially when I was doing some antique trading but the only things I seem to collect now are books and every now and then have a clear out to the charity book shop in town.
I think this extract sort of sums it up....

[quote]For some people collecting is simply the quest, in some cases a life-long pursuit that is never complete. Additional collector motivations include psychological security, filling a void in a sense of self. Or it could be to claim a means to distinction, much as uniforms make the “man.” Collections could be a means to immortality or fame vis-a-vis Dr. Louis Leakey.[/quote]

[quote name='Prosebass' post='287070' date='Sep 19 2008, 09:42 AM']cheers

I came across this guy [url="http://ctbass.birdsong.googlepages.com/home2"]Bass Collection[/url]

Is it just me or is there something perverse about owning so many basses ? I used to "collect" things especially when I was doing some antique trading but the only things I seem to collect now are books and every now and then have a clear out to the charity book shop in town.
I think this extract sort of sums it up....[/quote]

Better to spend your spare cash collecting basses than pouring it down your throat or blowing it down the bookies, I reckon. You can't take the money with you when you go.

[quote name='neepheid' post='287085' date='Sep 19 2008, 09:50 AM']Better to spend your spare cash collecting basses than pouring it down your throat or blowing it down the bookies, I reckon. You can't take the money with you when you go.[/quote]

I take it you will be buried with your collection ? :huh:

Better to give to a charity or the needy ? I would gratefully accept any donations.... :)

[quote name='Prosebass' post='287092' date='Sep 19 2008, 09:55 AM']I take it you will be buried with your collection ? :huh:

Better to give to a charity or the needy ? I would gratefully accept any donations.... :)[/quote]

Nah, I'll be cremated on a pyre of basses, muhahaha :huh: