Why become a member? ×

Aria Pro II RSB Special Fretless For Sale £100 - SOLD!

silverfoxnik

**** NOW SOLD - pending the usual ****

Hi Folks,

I bought this 1[b]986 Aria Pro II RSB bass[/b] back in May from pete.young as the second stage in my flirtation with playing fretless, which was all started at the last South East Bass Bash in August 2007 when I had a go on Luke Ward's Ibanez Gary Willis fretless..

[attachment=13511:Aria_fretless_1.jpg]

Anyway, interesting as it's been as an experiment, a year later and 2 fretless basses later I've decided that fretless is not for me..Or should I say more correctly, I'm not for fretless!!

[attachment=13512:Aria_fretless_2.jpg]

And because I've just been offered a bass I've wanted to acquire for a long time, I need to sell one to make room for it... so this beauty of a bass needs to go. But before I put it up on Ebay and with the SE Bash coming up in 10 days time, I thought I'd post it here to see if there's any interest in it?

[attachment=13513:Aria_fretless_3.jpg]

It's not in absolute pristine condition but the neck is true and it plays really well. In fact, for a [b]22 year old bass[/b], it's in pretty decent condition. Even more than that, it [b]sounds great[/b] for a 1 p/up passive bass! It even comes with the original receipt from 1986 would you believe! Pete's very kindly let me use his photos but if you'd like better pictures, then I'll get some done over the next couple of days. There's even a couple of sounclips of Pete's that I can post up here, when I work out how to do it! :huh:

I paid [b]£100[/b] for it and that's what I'm asking for it now. IMHO, it's well worth that to be honest as it is a very well made bass and it does sound really good!

I'm happy to bring it to [b]The Bash[/b] with me next week if anyone would like to 'try before they buy', otherwise, if there's any serious interest, please PM me. Not looking for a trade at the moment, just a sale if possible.. :)

Thanks

Nik

Edited by silverfoxnik

Very nice Matsumoku-era RSB - this is quite a silly-cheap price for JapCrap of this vintage. I assume it's a good de-fret job, I can't remember seeing any lined fretless RSBs.

If I a) had a spare £100 and :) wasn't de-fretting my Peavey 5er I would be more than interested - the RSBs are great, lightweight & playable basses, I used an RSB Deluxe II as my main bass for about 15 years.

Since I can't buy it, have a bump so someone else does! :huh:

Jon.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='286587' date='Sep 18 2008, 01:15 PM']Very nice Matsumoku-era RSB - this is quite a silly-cheap price for JapCrap of this vintage. I assume it's a good de-fret job, I can't remember seeing any lined fretless RSBs.

If I a) had a spare £100 and :) wasn't de-fretting my Peavey 5er I would be more than interested - the RSBs are great, lightweight & playable basses, I used an RSB Deluxe II as my main bass for about 15 years.

Since I can't buy it, have a bump so someone else does! :huh:

Jon.[/quote]
Thanks for the support Jon!

As you say, these are great basses and this is a very fair price for it I think! It was defretted as I understand it and it was very well done, so no issues there....

Well done Nik, when I was trying to sell it it was up here for months and no-one was interested. I only moved it on because I was under pressure to reduce the size of my collection.

I was the second owner: the bass actually dates from 1984 according to the serial number, so it's a 24-year-old bass.

[quote name='pete.young' post='287022' date='Sep 19 2008, 08:18 AM']Well done Nik, when I was trying to sell it it was up here for months and no-one was interested. I only moved it on because I was under pressure to reduce the size of my collection.

I was the second owner: the bass actually dates from 1984 according to the serial number, so it's a 24-year-old bass.[/quote]
Cheers Pete; thanks for the photos and for the extra info! Guess I got lucky with the timing....