Why become a member? ×

Markbass 2x10 combo

AlpherMako4

I had the 102 combo and really liked it, very loud, very light and portable. I swapped it for the markbass 121p combo and NY extension cab which gives me the 500 watts into 2x12 speakers and a little more flexibility. I often think back and wonder whether the 102 was actually a better rig!
Can't go wrong with markbass stuff, and if you find the sound a little sterile (which it can) stick a valve drive pedal into your signal and you have the best of both worlds.

Markbass amps sound a fair bit different through Barefaced cabs than they do through their own cabs. Their own cabs have a fair top-end roll-off, plugging a Markbass amp into an Barefaced cab after a Markbass cab is like whacking up the treble. That said, I do like the sound of the Markbass combos, but knowing about the high-end roll-off I wouldn`t use one DI`d as what FOH would get would be a fair bit toppier than the on-stage sound I would set. But as standalone amps, great little things, really nice sound.