Why become a member? ×

Roli Seaboard players

xgsjx

Well after much humming & haaing & listening tot he advice on here, I've bought myself the NI S88. Should be here on Wednesday.

What was rather irritating is that last week there were loads of places selling it for £679. Today I pop online & everywhere I looked, it was £729. That's £50 up!
My wife being the clever lady that she is, found one place still stocking it for £679 with next working day delivery. :)

It is. It arrived at 5pm.
First thing my Mrs said when I got it out the box was "that's bloody massive! Where the heck are you gonna put it?".
Took a bit of time to download software & set up, but it's now up & running & sounds awesome.
You already know about the software side, so I'll tell you about the keyboard. The bed is very much like any decent piano that I've played.
Not spongy like the old fender Rhodes pianos, but well balanced. My concerns about it being any good for synth stuff has been quashed. I can play solos & hooks just fine (if anything, it's my piano skills that need to improve).
I'll get back with more soon. :)

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1455745155' post='2982129']
First thing my Mrs said when I got it out the box was "that's bloody massive! Where the heck are you gonna put it?".
[/quote]

Oo-er!

Glad you're liking it so far. I'm still really happy with mine and I'm trying to avoid trying out an S88 in case I love the feel of the weighted keys better than mine.

One tip for Komplete Kontrol I can give you. You can use the KK software to call in other VIs. The little down arrow in the top middle gives you a menu. Go to plugins and select your VST of choice. It only picks up 64 bit ones as it doesn't include a bridge. Now the cool thing I found is that you can load up Kontakt from there. Go to the arrow menu again, select "view" then "edit view" and you now have the full Kontakt interface in the window. So you actually have a choice of using the handy KK interface or stick with the familiar Kontakt one and still have the lightguide, chord and appeggiator features. :)