Why become a member? ×

Cab shipping advice???

Horizontalste

I use parcels2go to search for deals https://www.parcel2go.com/

I would avoid Yodel who have a poor reputation for handling any problems

Cabs are pretty tough and of course they can't chuck anything heavy around quite so easily. I just wrap them in layers of corrugated card over bubble wrap, maybe with an extra layer on the corners. Use loads of tape on the basis that so long as the packing holds the insides should be alright. So far no problems

What's the problem selecting a courier? Just general confusion or is the cab in question particularly big and/or heavy.

If you just want a general recommendation use UPS booked via Interparcel. I've used them for hundreds of parcels and the only once have a I had a damaged parcel and then the insurance paid out promptly and in full. I've never encountered a problem with parcel size and I've sent some fairly large things. However they do have a weight limit of 50kg.

If you cab in the packaging is over the weight limit then the best price I found was by going direct to TNT, but don't expect it to be cheap.

You don't even need to pay for packaging. Go to your local bicycle shop and get a bike box (or two) which they will be glad to get rid of. These are massively strong and can be cut up to fit whatever you need to send. All you need to buy is some decent quality tape to stick it all together with.

[quote name='bassace' timestamp='1454412322' post='2969414']
There's always one. I have a removals company just up the road but haven't a clue where the nearest bike shop is. But I suppose if you've grown up with Blue Peter..................
[/quote]

And I have no idea where any of the local removals companies are yet I know of 4 bike shops in Nottingham that are happy to get rid of their empty boxes. And here's another packing tip. Go to the fabric department of your local John Lewis and scrounge some of the cardboard tubes that material comes rolled on. Cut in half lengthways these are excellent for protecting corners and edges of cases and cabs before they go into the packing box.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1454409423' post='2969376']
What's the problem selecting a courier? Just general confusion or is the cab in question particularly big and/or heavy.

If you just want a general recommendation use UPS booked via Interparcel. I've used them for hundreds of parcels and the only once have a I had a damaged parcel and then the insurance paid out promptly and in full. I've never encountered a problem with parcel size and I've sent some fairly large things. However they do have a weight limit of 50kg.

If you cab in the packaging is over the weight limit then the best price I found was by going direct to TNT, but don't expect it to be cheap.
[/quote]

Just confused generally, lots of different delivery/collection options.

I'll go with UPS as suggested & strangely enough I've had a new bike delivered this morning so I'll get busy with the scissors.

Cheers all.

[quote name='Horizontalste' timestamp='1454419684' post='2969538']
Just confused generally, lots of different delivery/collection options.

I'll go with UPS as suggested & strangely enough I've had a new bike delivered this morning so I'll get busy with the scissors.

Cheers all.
[/quote]

Great. I'd recommend covering over the side with the speakers with at least 2 pieces of card laid out so that the corrugations of one are at 90° to the other for maximum strength.