Why become a member? ×

Yamaha TRB 6ii and Yamaha TRB 6Pii

Papabull

Hi all
Can anyone tell me whats the difference between a Yamaha TRB 6ii and Yamaha TRB 6Pii (please don't reply saying p). I genuinely can't find out. If anyone could tell me I'd be grateful. If there is a difference is it worth 'shelling out' more for the p?

Cheers all
The PB

Just know that the piezos do not output to a 13 pin connector to be used with MIDI devices. The piezos go through a potentiometer to blend the sound into the main line coming from the magnetic pickups.
I had a 6ii and sold it, and I miss that bass a lot. Being 19mm string spacing and 35" it was a big beast, but the sound spectrum was quite amazing, really could go from a high treble/bass sound to a mids-trombone sound and cut through whatever

Any of these basses, MIJ, the older the better, highly recommended

One of my biggest regrets was selling my 5pii. Amazing bass. The p series tend to go for more than the none piezo versions. They are totally different basses. Some prefer the older basses, some prefer the pii's. Never played the older basses so can't offer any help. The 5pii was heavy (or had a solid feel depending on how this is approached) but I was younger and had a wide strap.I never had an issue. Having said that, I don't have an issue with heavy basses now and they can add to the tone....oops can of worms opened. Build quality was sublime.