Why become a member? ×

TRADED MusicMan Stingray SR5 £575
£575

Pinball

This is a really nice playing Stingray 5. It is a hybrid between a SterlingRay35 and a USA SR5 neck so is priced accordingly.

[i]Trades: I'm pretty maxed out to be honest. I would consider a light weight 4 or maybe 5-preferably passive. Nothing too small though as I'm a big bloke. Maybe a nice fretless. I'm not really into jazzes or Fenders unless its a precision or something interesting. I also have an irrational urge to try more G&L's. Cash my way[/i]

I had the SterlingRay35 for a while (I traded it and then bought it back at one stage). I loved the sound and feel of the bass but was never that happy with the neck so when I got the chance of a used USA neck I jumped on it and have been very happy with the results. The reason for sale is simply that I now have a red EB Stingray, which is the colour I always wanted so this one doesn't get played.

It is a Sterlingray35, a creme pick-guard and an EB neck. It will have the original strap buttons put back on and a set of used Status half/rounds on it. As far as sound and looks go it is the same as a USA Stingray-I know this as I switch between them regularly. The neck swap was done by Eltham Jones at the renowned Edge Guitars in Bristol

An area of damage is shown in the last pic. The previous owner used to rub the neck up and down the mic. It looks nasty but you don't feel it or notice it when playing-see video. The neck itself is beautiful and transformed what was already a nice bass guitar into something even better.

I have a box so can post it if need be. Any trial is welcome.

Note: Feel free to share the video too as we need all the help we can get.

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujZTv4eTfXQ"]https://www.youtube....h?v=ujZTv4eTfXQ[/url]

[attachment=213534:SR FB.jpg]

[

Edited by Pinball

[quote name='aj5string' timestamp='1456841195' post='2992768']
Trades?
[/quote]
I'll add some at the top but I would prefer to sell really as I suffer from GAS

[quote name='grahamd' timestamp='1456841875' post='2992785']
Ive had a brief noodle on this and lovely it is too. GLWTS!
[/quote]

So you have I forgot about that, it feels every inch the real deal, Thanks :)

Edited by Pinball