Why become a member? ×

How to mark sold?

skampino

[quote name='skampino' timestamp='1456818700' post='2992413']
My post is locked so how did that happen and now I cant state the item is sold.
[/quote]
[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1456822556' post='2992458']
let me or one of the mod team know which post and we can help.
[/quote]

That'd be me, relating to this as ...

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/280010-mackie-srm450s-italian-version"]Mackie SRM450's - Italian version ...[/url]

As Mod for that section of the Marketplace, I see every post in there. When I see 'Sold' in the post, I close, whether or not it's in the title, as so many folks don't add this to the title. There are innumerable ads with 'On hold' as a last post, but no further sign or activity; in all probability, most are sold, but forgotten by the OP.
The only thing that can go wrong is if the deal falls through for some reason, but that's rare, and we can then re-open the ad if asked. In the case here, if it's sold, and closed, there's no need to edit the title now. It's the 'open', but 'sold' ads that need the title editing. Once closed, leave it, unless something dramatic happens. Too quick, eh..? Sorry... ;)

[quote name='skampino' timestamp='1456837475' post='2992690']...
Should I let you know when an item is sold in future?
[/quote]

Yes, please, by putting the word 'Sold' (or 'Withdrawn'...) at the start of the title, altering nothing else. We'll then know that the ad can be closed.
To edit the title, one has to edit the very first post of the topic, using the 'Full Editor'. The title is then available for editing.
Hope this helps; thanks for the queries. B)