Why become a member? ×

Y U SELL STINGARYS NOW?!?!

keefbaker

The marketplace seems to have been awash with all sorts of great basses recently, not just Stingrays
Or is it that we are all trawling the marketplace more thoroughly? Selling on here also seems to have been slow lately...
If you see a bass on here you like, why not give it a whirl? - you could save yourself some money...

Alternatively, the bass on here may be here a few weeks, so go to the bass show, keep your eyes open
and if you don't get a bargain at the show - buy your next bass from BC

..... Or buy one at the show AND one from the marketplace! ;)

Good luck with your search. PS. Love the sound and build quality of Stingrays, but had one and didn't like the chunkiness of the neck at the bottom end, each to their own though.....

That is the current plan, look on the marketplace if I don't grab something at the show.. However I've not seen my dream Stingray of the unlined stealth HH fretless appear on here yet. If they have one at the show I might be walking away with it unless something like an ACG changes my mind.

Edited by keefbaker

[quote name='keefbaker' timestamp='1456933943' post='2993739']
However I've not seen my dream Stingray of the unlined stealth HH fretless appear on here yet.
[/quote]

You'll be quite lucky to see one without ordering it as they're pretty rare - Bass Central had one a couple of years back - stunning, as they have an ebony board also - so invisible (ish) except for the headstock decal in white. Also an awesome fretless in H form - so even better in HH!!

[quote name='keefbaker' timestamp='1456933433' post='2993725']
The marketplace is full of stingrays 2 weeks before the bass show... And I need to hold on till then and only buy something if I can't find anything there.
And I LOVE Stingrays!!!!
[/quote]

Interesting I was thinking the same about Sandbergs for sale :)

You might want to read the following thread, and in particular some of the links on it
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/280341-stingray-colours/"]http://basschat.co.u...ingray-colours/[/url]

Seems for example, the Stingray 5 (new) only comes in half a dozen colours. Not sure if unlined Stealth Fretless is still available.
Todays page on the EB website [url="http://www.music-man.com/instruments/basses/stingray-5"]http://www.music-man...sses/stingray-5[/url]

Perhaps the low prices 'Rays are currently going for (vs actual new price) may become a thing of the past if you can only get a few colours. Who knows :unsure:

EDIT Stealth Black $200 option still available, as is Pau Ferro lined/unlined fretless

Edited by karlfer

Yes, be good to clarify things. Doesn't appear (or I couldn't find it) that the ebony board is an option.
For right or wrong they certainly seem to have pruned colours back a lot. And some models are simply no more.

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1457094727' post='2995277']
Yes, be good to clarify things. Doesn't appear (or I couldn't find it) that the ebony board is an option.
[/quote]

If you click on the stealth black colour it becomes an option. Looks like they might only be doing it on the stealth models.