Why become a member? ×

Lacking Bottom or Maybe Low Mids

Stealth

I run an old P Bass and a PRS through a Terror Bass 1000 and a Berg CN212 with a touch of compression always on from a TC Hypergravity in Spectracomp mode. Playing Blues and Rock. Done a couple of bigger venues lately with no PA support were not talkling Wembley big pubs and social clubs. The problem is im struggling to get big bottom lol bass control on the TB is flat ot my thoughts.

Comp is robbing some low end ?
Class D lacking in lows
Ive gone deaf (more likey to miss highs 😎)

Any ideas ?

Edited by Stealth

TThinking about it a bit more, the TB has a very scooped voicing, so full whack on bass is very severe. Maybe your ears crave the more audible low mids. The TB EQ is not that flexible unfortunately

Edit, just read the title properly re low mids! Normally a P bass excels in that department. Maybe some sort of EQ in a pedal would help?

Edited by Roland Rock

From what I`ve read the "flat" setting on the OTB is something like Bass and Treble on about 2, and Mids on 10. I agree with the others who recommend an eq pedal, the eq on the OTB isn`t that effective, so adding in a pedal will give greater control.

Nothing wrong with D class through a CN212. I'd start by taking the pedal away. That's just messing with your sound, and IMO not in a good way. Then you can start to evaluate the EQ.

You get more low mids than flat out bass from a CN212 but that's a good thing. IMO a ton of low bass doesn't sound so good is a band setting. I don't use pedals and I can get enough low mids out of my PJ5~TH500~CN212 to rattle your fillings out.

Guest bassman7755

[quote name='Stealth' timestamp='1457267961' post='2996830']
Gues the obvious sometimes isnt lol will pull the comp out and see what differnce it makes.
[/quote]

That compressor is designed for guitar inst it ?. Guitar compressors always sound horrid when used for bass.