Why become a member? ×

NAD Ashdown ABM C110

ped

Update - it's arrived :)

Hi guys

Just bought one of these. I used one years ago and recall it sounded excellent for its size. I've been looking for a small combo to provide a bit of rumble at home when playing through headphones and it'll be useful for small jams with a drummer too no doubt.

It's one of the early ones, UK made with a celestion speaker I think.

I suppose I could add an extension can but which cabs match its size? I recall the mini 4x8 and 1x15 fit but can't remember it was a while ago.

Ideally I'll find a second combo for a stereo setup but they don't seem very common now although they seem to have earned a pretty good reputation since I first bought and sold one in the 90s

Cheers
ped

I have one too. Mine is UK built with celestion and cloth grill. They're a rather awesome little amp. I'll never part with mine.

I believe there was a short lived 1x12 cab in the mini series and slightly larger 2x10 and 1x15 extension cabs that were the same height as the C110 is wide.

If I saw another of these for sale locally I'd have it bought in a heartbeat!

Thanks chaps. Mine is a bit beaten up so I might replace the grille.

I'll keep an eye out for those cabs and if I find one I'll replace the grilles to match - ashdown have used a few different types so it's hard to keep track!

I never understood why Ashdown didn't do a combo version of the 1x15 or 4x8 cab. I know the 4x8 was a pretty hefty wee cab itself so that might have had something to do with it, but why not the 15? That plus matching extension cab would have been a great little rig!

I still keep an eye for a pair of matching 4x8 Ashdown mini cabs...

[quote name='Merton' timestamp='1458590115' post='3008943']
Was that the one on eBay? I almost went for that...!
[/quote]

That's right. £150 isn't bad - I think I paid over £400 when I used to have one!

[quote name='Merton' timestamp='1458593299' post='3008981']

Bloody steal!
[/quote]

I'll be a while before it arrives I think what with the bank hol and all. It'll be fun though I remember putting a cushion on my old one and using it as a seat. Great little amp and I'll make sure I keep this one.

If I kept the old one I'd have a sweet stereo setup now... We live and learn

I was talking to Mark Gooday today about a BC competition (watch this space) and he's going to see if he can find the original brochure/manual etc. I'll share anything he can find. I also didn't notice the amp has chicken head knobs on it until he mentioned it!

It's here. And it's great. Such a lovely sounding amp and seriously loud and full sounding. Rich, clear and punchy.

if I can't find another for the stereo setup I may buy a second ABM300 and one of the cabs mentioned above or even a wedge cab. That was I can run channel B through that.

Sitting under my desk and hooked up to the VB99 it makes a great sub to go with my office HIFI too.

I'll take some proper pics of it this weekend. Looks great; it's been gigged hard and has some mojo.

[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/pedullaman/media/2370E98D-2096-4064-A044-DAEFD54B8A2F_zpsp7kolcje.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v164/pedullaman/2370E98D-2096-4064-A044-DAEFD54B8A2F_zpsp7kolcje.jpg[/IMG][/URL]