Why become a member? ×

Play of the Day, Basschat Composition Challenge, March...

Dad3353

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1459386279' post='3016122']
[color=#000000][font=Arial]A faint start, with distant whistling wind stirring a soft wind chime. The atmosphere is thickened with a pounding drum beat and rolls of thunder, strident strings feed the pressure, aided by low brass announcing a rush of air which... dissolves into a clear, open echoeing space, almost disappearing. The growling horns attempt a warning, but the full fury is unleashed with wild attacks from full guitar chords, powerful jungle drums and insistent violins, the tension layered with assault from all directions, mounting to an effervescent climax and final crack of doom.[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Arial]Difficult to listen to this without feeling one's pulse accelerate; it's a vivid reconstruction in sonic terms of the scene portrayed, wound up to a fury after a cunningly deceptive lull. The photo is captured in 3D, with numerous effects and sounds crafted into an entirely credible canvas; the brush strokes are invisible. Top marks from a technical point of view; there's lots going on, but nothing superfluous; I'd even go as far as to pronounce this a Masterpiece. Full marks, on all counts.[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Arial][i]Drizzle of applause from idle onlookers, now drenched, thanks to the imaginary deluge[/i]...). [/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial]My next post in this topic will feature...[/font][/color]
[url="http://soundcloud.com/lurksalot/aunty-cyclone"][color=#000080][font=Arial]'Aunty Cyclone', from lurksalot ...[/font][/color][/url]

[color=#000000][font=Arial]Until then...[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Arial]Have a nice day[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Arial]Douglas[/font][/color]
[/quote]

Wow, thanks! Glad you liked it and what a lovely write-up! As for those full guitar chords I admit that I did the full 360 spin of my arm - classic 80s rock style - when playing them :D