Why become a member? ×

Getting my bass improved

Twincam

So I got chatting to this guy who says is a top luthier and improver of instruments.
He sounded legit and said he could improve and set up my bass like no one else ever could!
So I sent him a custom bass by the respected luthier Jim Fleeting.

I'm really excited to see how he will approach this, he said he has improved thousands of instruments with no negative feedback!. And then asked about my finger size and seemed enthusiastic and kept saying do I have the sausage fingers, as he knows some "tricks" to help me. He told me all about his parts bin and how has a unique relationship with artec pickups.

He promised to have pics taken of himself or his "new" wife holding the bass as it progresses.

He goes under cleartone guitar conversations anyone heard of it? Anyone had there bass improved by him. I guess I taken a chance but with no negative feedback what's the worst that can happen.
:)

Edited by Twincam

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1459524742' post='3017420']
Shouldn't this sort of caper stop at midday? :rolleyes:
[/quote]

What do you mean. I've been out since midday comparing my fingers to various sized sausages so he can get the string spacing exactly where I want it! That's correct procedure right?

[quote name='Twincam' timestamp='1459525053' post='3017427']
What do you mean. I've been out since midday comparing my fingers to various sized sausages so he can get the string spacing exactly where I want it! That's correct procedure right?
[/quote]

Sorry. Have to say you have gone above and beyond.

I salute you with my non sausage fingers. :)