Why become a member? ×

COG Raging Bull - Overdrive + configurable FX loop *** SOLD ***
£120

mcnach

This pedal is based on the COG Darklighter overdrive, with a few differences and additions.

Unlike the original Darklighter this has a blend knob. There is also a level and gain knobs, and the tone is controlled by two filters labelled LPF-1 (low) and LPF-2 (high), which allows you to tweak the character of the overdriven sound from low end meaty to gritty buzzy, all while retaining definition and low end.

The overdrive section is in the left of the pedal. There is also a loop that allows you to hook it up to another pedal/pedals.The reason I wanted this was that I often used overdrive + octave, or overdrive + envelope filter, or another pedal, and in order for me to combine both pedals being able to switch them individually or both with a single switch, I used a Boss LS-2. This worked great, but of course it means you need an additional pedal: the LS2, with the additional cabling for power, connections etc. This pedal was an attempt to simplify that.

The loop (a simple send/return) has a number of controls. The Level allows you to attenuate the signal to better blend it with the overdrive/dry sound. Mode switches between series and parallel. Order selects whether the overdrive comes first or the loop comes first in the signal chain. This is because I prefer some pedals before overdrive, and others after.

There are two switches. The right one turns the loop on/off. The left one is a master switch. Each switch has a led to indicate status on/off.
With the loop off, the left switch simply turns the overdrive on/off. With the loop on, the left switch allows you to switch both the overdrive and the loop simultaneously. You can also have the overdrive off, and use the pedal to simply turn the loop on/off.
It took me a little while to get my head around it, and quite a few emails with Tom to get the functions just the right way to make operation versatile and maintaining a 'single-button-press' action. I still have the emails with all the details, so I can fish them out and provide all the detailed information if desired.

Runs on the usual 9V negative centre power supply. Low current requirement.

I love this pedal, but I really have no need for it and new toy-tokens must be obtained...

£120 including delivery, recorded, 1st class.

Edited by mcnach

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1459893483' post='3020715']
That's a shame, it's got your name on it and everything! :(
[/quote]

I know!

To be honest... I'm a little reluctant. I have the feeling that the minute I sold it I'll want it again, as it's often the case...

I'm just having slowly a clear-up of things I'm not using, after recently moving from a 5-bed house into a much smaller apartment... dunno. I took my time to design the functions of this pedal, dang... you're making me doubt already! :lol: