Why become a member? ×

Can't get enough

molan

Taking a day off at the pool in 30 degree Key West and plugged into my iPod.

Bought a clutch of Mastercuts Funk albums with me and, apart from being great poolside music, there's some really cool bass grooves going on.

Brass Construction, Ohio Players, Brothers Johnson, Kool, Dazz, Eddie Harris, Donnie Hathaway, Teena Marie etc, etc.

Just waiting for the bar to open and my day will be perfect :huh:

Although all this bass heavy stuff is making me miss having a bass around to play along :)

[quote name='molan' post='291966' date='Sep 25 2008, 04:42 PM']Taking a day off at the pool in 30 degree Key West and plugged into my iPod.

Bought a clutch of Mastercuts Funk albums with me and, apart from being great poolside music, there's some really cool bass grooves going on.

Brass Construction, Ohio Players, Brothers Johnson, Kool, Dazz, Eddie Harris, Donnie Hathaway, Teena Marie etc, etc.

Although all this bass heavy stuff is making me miss having a bass around to play along :)[/quote]

ahh, sounds like the life :huh:

I can't wait to get home for that very reason! I've got some Sly&TFS lines I'm munchin thru, and a few new tracks for a band I'm now in that i've gotta learn, so it's gonna be BASSBASSBASS tonight :unsure: happy f***ing days! :huh:

[quote name='molan' post='291966' date='Sep 25 2008, 04:42 PM']Taking a day off at the pool in 30 degree Key West and plugged into my iPod.

Although all this bass heavy stuff is making me miss having a bass around to play along :)[/quote]

Ohhhhh go and have a long blast on your Roscoe Barrie, you know you want to :huh:

No bass to play? I bet that's hell .. there... poolside ... in Key Bl33din' West ..
Thanks for sharing :)

Oh well ..
From Things to do in Key West When you miss your bass

Dive! dive! dive!!!

Oh and Vist the Hog's Breath
[url="http://www.hogsbreath.com/entertainment/"]http://www.hogsbreath.com/entertainment/[/url]

"
After dinner, we headed to the Hog's Breath Saloon, a Key West institution. At the Hog's Breath, we listened to a band called The Massacoustics, who were, in a word, terrifically, fabulously awesome. Seriously. The band was only two young guys: a lead singer on guitar, and a guy who drummed with his right hand while playing the bass guitar with his left hand! I'd never seen anything like it. I was especially impressed when he whipped out the maracas and played all three instruments at once. The crowd was going bonkers: we were all dancing. After the Massacoustics finished their set, we headed back to Sloppy Joe's and danced to an 70's cover band for a while.
"

I like that - the answer to bolshi drummers :huh:

Edited by OldGit

Checked out some of the bars last night but every single one had just an acoustic guitar playing solo singer.

The Bull had what amounted to bad karaoke with one tuneless girl 'singing' listlessly along to backing tracks.

Hopefully it'll pick up as the weekend kicks in!