Why become a member? ×

The HandBox Amplification thread

wateroftyne

1 hour ago, Merton said:

I may have just accidentally purchased a WB-100 from Bass Bros.

Proof will follow when it arrives 😅

That's really a coincidence.....l accidently bought a HB 400 and never regretted it. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

That really was very careless 

38 minutes ago, police squad said:

Sloppy work, well done🤣

31 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Its a bummer when you don't pay attention to what you're doing.

<snip>

Think you'll be pleased with it.

Dave

11 minutes ago, Woody1957 said:

That's really a coincidence.....l accidently bought a HB 400 and never regretted it. 😁

I slipped and accidentally landed on the Bass Bros page…

IMG_2603.thumb.jpeg.271e4f77ebf2eb0d1eff277c878ee154.jpeg

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Merton said:

I may have just accidentally purchased a WB-100 from Bass Bros.

Proof will follow when it arrives 😅

Ah, didn’t see that! Is it the original passive EQ, or the newer model with the mid?

Just now, wateroftyne said:

Ah, didn’t see that! Is it the original passive EQ, or the newer model with the mid?

Original one, so prob will need one of those Designacable attenuators for the DI. Quite looking forward to trying it out!

3 minutes ago, Merton said:

Original one, so prob will need one of those Designacable attenuators for the DI. Quite looking forward to trying it out!

Mine is the new one and it needed the attenuator cable. Thought the original amps were ok but WoT will confirm.

Dave

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Merton said:

Ah, you lucky duck. I love the original EQ. Probably would have scored this myself if I’d seen it. FWIW I don’t think the DI is as hot on the original. You might not need the attenuator.

• Like 1

Are HandBox still going?

I occasionally drop in on their site to see if they have anything else coming up, perhaps in a more compact flavour, but their website has disappeared...

16 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

Ah, you lucky duck. I love the original EQ. Probably would have scored this myself if I’d seen it. FWIW I don’t think the DI is as hot on the original. You might not need the attenuator.

If I ever decide it’s not for me (which based on all the feedback on here is highly unlikely!) I’ll let you know first :)

7 minutes ago, Woody1957 said:

Hope you can read Polish😁

I'm actually 1/4 Polish, but no, I can barely understand it 🤦‍♂️ I can order a beer(s), and I know my pleases and thank yous...

You can select it in English if i remember right. The full site was in English when i bought mine few yrs ago.

Not sure how but when i open it its in full English. Maybe i selected the auto translation on my laptop. Not sure now.

Dave

14 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

You can select it in English if i remember right. The full site was in English when i bought mine few yrs ago.

Not sure how but when i open it its in full English. Maybe i selected the auto translation on my laptop. Not sure now.

Dave

Right click on the page, when using Chrome and select translate to English 😎

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, eude said:

I'm actually 1/4 Polish, but no, I can barely understand it 🤦‍♂️ I can order a beer(s), and I know my pleases and thank yous...

I'm 1/4 Scotish and can barely understand it too🤭

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Merton said:

It’s here! Can I take the afternoon off work please?

IMG_2604.jpeg.fa8e2abe5966e936b54595029ab6b154.jpeg

IMG_2605.jpeg.738930d44d6b04ba3cfe92b6b81a76b3.jpeg

IMG_2606.jpeg.af94989c6cc60b5a6f7b97f0dff68794.jpeg

I should think the afternoon off is fully warranted. If i was your boss i would have offered you a fully paid afternoon off with bonuses.

This is like the birth of a child. (well maybe not but it is important) :laugh1:

Dave

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)

Don't forget to go through the setup procedure each time (sorry if you already know this).

And then... set the EQ to flat, pop that drive button in, set the feedback switch to the centre position, max the output gain, and brace yourself.

What cab are you using?

Edited by wateroftyne
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

Don't forget to go through the setup procedure each time (sorry if you already know this).

And then... set the EQ to flat, pop that drive button in, set the feedback switch to the centre position, max the output gain, and brace yourself.

What cab are you using?

I don’t know anything so the more info the better!

I’ll be using a Barefaced Two10 mostly, maybe a Super Twin on bigger events.

• Like 1

Had a little play. My word. It does everything the Ashdown Little Bastard does and SO much more. So versatile. And all useable, musical tones. It sounds superb with all my basses, my favourite being the ACG TKO. Can’t wait to get it to a band situation!

IMG_2617.thumb.jpeg.f2f053d07724c62f2433d38275ab3ed8.jpeg

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, Merton said:

Had a little play. My word. It does everything the Ashdown Little Bastard does and SO much more. So versatile. And all useable, musical tones. It sounds superb with all my basses, my favourite being the ACG TKO. Can’t wait to get it to a band situation!

IMG_2617.thumb.jpeg.f2f053d07724c62f2433d38275ab3ed8.jpeg

That’s a great looking amp, and it fits nicely on the two 10 

• Like 2