Why become a member? ×

My new band! Post rock/ ambient

Iheartreverb

Iheartreverb
Iheartreverb
Oct 31, 2013
hi all,

Please remove this if in the wrong place or not appropriate.
My new band has "gone public" today after up working away for a good 12 months. Everything is intentionally simple or minimal website and art wise.
The music is along the view of ambient, instrumental, post-rock stuff.

Please sent me a message if you have any comments and please please sabre via the media links if you're into it and know others that might be!

Thanks!

http://www.fortythousandagainstthearctic.com/

Hi mate

Good work. So much going on. Fav bits are the mellower sections because i found the drums too loud in the mix, especially the snare which i thought sounded too harsh for the vibe. Some nice changes of dynamics and chords - would like to hear more melodic passages but I am not someone who knows this genre of music.

Love the pic on the website. Is that some fishermen? Arctic expedition?

Anyways, best of luck.

Thanks so much!

As far as the recording goes, it was all done live and isn't really mixed but we were relatively happy. There are some really long really ambient passages, we tried to put out snippets of things we that nightlight the different things going on.
The music is designed (and has been practiced for a year) without any gaps and seamless passages.

Please forward on to anyone you think will like it!
All comments appreciated.

Cheers again!

[quote name='BottomE' timestamp='1460746766' post='3028511']
Hi mate
i found the drums too loud in the mix, especially the snare which i thought sounded too harsh for the vibe.

[/quote]

Big +1 on this. Thought the music was beautiful, but gave up shortly after the snare came in. I hope mixing can sort it, just a little worried it is the tone of the drum. Good luck with the project.

The mix didn't bother me at all, I immediately accepted it for what it is.
It's got a really good feel and that's [i]way [/i]more important than producing the life out of it.

Sounds fresh and original to me.

Edited by discreet