Why become a member? ×

harley benton power plant

Dread Bass

I thought this was interesting and great value. Cant think where they got the design from :) and not sure how relible it would be. Also 500ma for 8 outputs dosnt seem like that much.

[url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_powerplant.htm"]http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_powerplant.htm[/url]

[quote name='cheddatom' post='292814' date='Sep 26 2008, 03:56 PM']Do they mean 8 x 9v with 500ma each? Or 8 x 9v sharing 500ma? The latter wouldn't be great![/quote]

Due to the cheapness I'd be inclined to say the latter, but hey, let's hope I'm wrong!

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='292911' date='Sep 26 2008, 05:30 PM']If its 500ma each thats probably more juice than any other power supply on the market so I think it unlikely.[/quote]

Those Germans make everything to be very efficient... so maybe.

...but I doubt it.

[quote name='BassManKev' post='293922' date='Sep 28 2008, 03:23 PM']most modern solid state pedals these days hardly ever go over 50ma, its only big digital pedals or as said valve pedals that demand 100ma plus, and these sorts of pedals almost always come supplied with their own supply[/quote]

It's the digital pedals that you have to watch out for. A digitech jam man is 1300mA for example.