Why become a member? ×

SOLD - EDEN MH600 Metro Head 600w @ 2 Ohm
£300

sifi2112

SOLD

Just got this in a trade but pending retirement makes this great US made EDEN dual channel amp surplus ...
£250 posted or knock 30 off for pickup ... 07505769753

Specs are same as this popular combo version (except power ratings see below) ...

[url="http://www.edenamps.com/assets/dc210xltmetro2.pdf"]http://www.edenamps....10xltmetro2.pdf[/url]

Looks like someone may have converted this from combo to head at some point as it looks different from the MH600 Eden produced as a head only model for a limited time. It is the same as a normal Metro (ss/tube pre dual channel), minus the missing speakers. The case is a sturdy, wooden, carpet covered affair with rubber feet on the bottom and a proper flightcase handle on one end. Probably mosfet / toroidal type power as this is quite heavey (wooden case adds to that). Previous owner valued this at 300 & said it never missed a beat in the 6 years he's had it. Some pots a bit scratchy but overall in great condition.

Manufature date is 3-31-05 (US) & it has 120v box ticked but works on 240v so guess that's either been altered or marked in error.
'Hand Crafted in Montrose MN. USA' so guess it's an original Eden before they were taken over & production moved to China (correct me if I'm wrong here).

I copied this from Talkbass as it gives a little bit more info ..

'So, here's your chance to own the Eden WT405 with it's crisp clear solid state front end...AND the Eden WT550 with it's reknowned warm hybrid tube front end and massively flexible semi para eq section...ALL IN ONE!!!
And at one low bargain price; you could spend $600 per buying either of these.

I've run this at 2 ohms a lot; it don't care, the fan just runs a little more often.
You can switch on the fly between channels with the footswitch...you can do this either for a change in tone; or, set one channel at a higher gain stage for a solo voice...

''Eden Electronics' Metro head is now available as a separate head in its own road case. The dual channel preamplifier gives you the choice of both a tube and solid state pre-amp, with full footswitch control. The MH-600 will give you up to 600W of real amplifier power. Other features are: mute to tune (on footswitch), dual effects loops, automatic compression with bypass, stereo aux. input, headphone out and 12dB input pad. All this in a package that locks right on all Eden enclosures.

Amplifier power - 600W RMS @ 2ohm (1200W peak), 400W RMS @ 4ohm (800W peak), 240W RMS @ 8ohm (480W peak)
Distortion - <0.06%
Frequency Response amp. - 10Hz - 15KHz +/- 2dB
Dimensions - 23"(w) x 6"(h) x 18,5"(d)
Weight - 22 LBS'' '

I just got scales & tape measure out ...
wxhxd = 565mm x 180mm x 440mm (too wide to rack mount but perfect on top of 410) weight 15kg

Edited by sifi2112