Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Modded HB Precision 54-Type
£95

discreet

[b]*SOLD* Modded HB Precision 54-Type[/b]

OK then bass fans, what we have here is a Modded Harley Benton PB-50 Precision Bass. The headstock has been reshaped to a Telebass shape using a Mike Dirnt template. The neck has been tinted with amber nitro and an F-decal applied. The frets have been polished. The pickguard is now white, and the bridge has been replaced with a decent Wilkinson job with brass saddles and a Wilkinson Single Coil pickup is fitted. It resembles a 54 Precision RI and it sounds like one, too.

The bass cost £85 originally and in total I spent £130-£140 after modifications. I would like [b]£95[/b] for it and this will include postage in mainland UK. The bass plays and sounds WAY better than it did out of the box and is a very useful instrument. It's much better than it has any right to be. The neck is very straight, silky smooth and fast. It thumps. There is a very small loss of finish at the neck pocket (see pic). This is hard to see and obviously doesn't affect the sound or playability in any way.

The bass will be supplied wearing fender 9050ML flatwounds and will be fully set-up and ready to go. It will be very well-packed and despatched via a tracked and insured method which will require a signature. I'd keep it as a back-up or use it for less-than-salubrious gigs - in fact I have gigged it, it does the job perfectly well - but I have other instruments and gear incoming, I'm not using it much and it has to go. Once you get this in your hot hands you will realise what a bargain it really is. I thank you! :)

Edited by discreet