Why become a member? ×

PJ sounded pants with new pup

Just a quickie for all you other weekend modification 'have a go-ers' - I chucked a new Jazz style pup on my Squier PJ and it sounded beautiful on it's own and so did the P pup on it's own. When both on together however they sounded like a cheap combo in a dustbin. You know when you get that minute when you think 'what have I done/what wire has decided to detach itself from somewhere/is this new pup duff?? Panic not, fellow fiddlers - ignore the standard wiring diagram, simply swap the pos and neg wires around. (Put the black to the centre volume pot peg and the white/whatever to the ground on the back of the pot). VOILA!!! All is back to normal and the sun has come out again in your little world!!

PS if you buy a new Jazz pup, measure/check/research everything first. A generic Jazz BRIDGE pup is LONGER with poles further apart and won't fit in the routing. The Squier PJ has the slightly smaller NECK size pup at the bridge where all the poles sit under each string very nicely.

Have a great weekend. 😎