Why become a member? ×

Keeping It Fresh

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1465309089' post='3066989']
As always when this topic comes up, I'm gobsmacked at the number of Basschatters prepared to lecture us all on how you shouldn't rehearse, or need to rehearse, unless you're introducing new material.

I can only assume that you all hate your bandmates.

The key bit of that last sentence was 'mates'. They don't have to be your friends but [i][b]By God![/b][/i] does it make it easier when they are.

For me, Tuesday night is the night when I hook up with the Junkyard Dogs and we have some fun. We play some songs, have a cuppa, play some more songs, go to the pub, talk bollocks, part as friends.

If I thought that was too "stale" I wouldn't be axing rehearsals, I'd be checking the availability of nearby therapists ...
[/quote]

We get along great,but after 10 years we hardley ever rehearse, because we're out gigging every week. No hanging out, except for when were on our 15 minute breaks.

Blue

Edited by blue

[quote name='Hobbayne' timestamp='1465247835' post='3066551']
How can you make Sweet Home Alabama more interesting?? :)
[/quote]

It is played interestingly or it isn't and that is down to what the players can do with it.

If the band think it is a bad number, then don't expect to convince the audience otherwise..:lol:

It is up to the band to take it somewhere or recognise it isn't working and drop it.

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1465309089' post='3066989']
As always when this topic comes up, I'm gobsmacked at the number of Basschatters prepared to lecture us all on how you shouldn't rehearse, or need to rehearse, unless you're introducing new material.

I can only assume that you all hate your bandmates.

The key bit of that last sentence was 'mates'. They don't have to be your friends but [i][b]By God![/b][/i] does it make it easier when they are.

For me, Tuesday night is the night when I hook up with the Junkyard Dogs and we have some fun. We play some songs, have a cuppa, play some more songs, go to the pub, talk bollocks, part as friends.

If I thought that was too "stale" I wouldn't be axing rehearsals, I'd be checking the availability of nearby therapists ...
[/quote]

Be gobsmacked then.... :lol: the rehearsal needs to produce something otherwise it is pointless.
If I want to hang out with mates, I don't need to do this dressed up as a rehearsal.

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1465322254' post='3067156']

It is played interestingly or it isn't and that is down to what the players can do with it.

If the band think it is a bad number, then don't expect to convince the audience otherwise..:lol:

It is up to the band to take it somewhere or recognise it isn't working and drop it.
[/quote]

Agreed, if you and your band can't committ to a song don't play it.

I give 110% to every song we play. I don't get into what I like or don't like. It's not about me.

Blue

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1465322641' post='3067170']
Be gobsmacked then.... :lol: the rehearsal needs to produce something otherwise it is pointless.
If I want to hang out with mates, I don't need to do this dressed up as a rehearsal.
[/quote]

JTUK do you even like music?