Why become a member? ×

SOLD s.bass b50 unusual 70s italian valve amp
£100

s.bass b50 made in italy
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]50 watt bass head, made 1972 in Italy, running 4x EL84. point to point wiring[/font][/color]

I pretty sure its a gem saturn, I played a flip top version of one of these in a shop years ago and loved it but the guy would'nt sell so i always had an eye out for one of these
there's an old basschat thread about this model or possibly this very amp and thats where I got the info from, google gem saturn b50 and you'll find it
[attachment=221036:20160608_135737.jpg]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I've just plugged it in for the first time in years, a few of the pots on channel 2 were a bit crackly so I've sprayed them and it seems fine [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Great old school tone, I'd liken it to a selmer tnb or sound city in tone, great for p bass or semi with flats , the 2 channels are eqd differentley channel 1 has got loads more bottom end . Its got a clank to it and it breaks up, not an amp for clean headroom but if you want a vintage tone it's great [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I was suprised how loud it is, it's definetly giggable in the right circumstances and used on a few fairly loud gigs when a distorted sound was the right vibe[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Selling cos I'm using my orange when I need a valve tone and I've got 2 other valve heads and the missus is moaning about them, shes got a point tbf[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I'm in crystal palace south london[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]i won't post but could potentially meet up[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]trade for eq/di pedal, teisco, kay, hofner bass, class d amp , cash adjusment either way[/font][/color]

Edited by spencer.b