Why become a member? ×

Genz Benz Streamliner 900
£400

Bearfist

£250 Shipped

Iv'e 'accidentally' gone and bought another amp so i need to move on something and with my M-pulse hanging around on here for a while this has to go.

Not much to say about this other than it is one of the most pleasing sounding amps ive ever played and seriously loud.

This is one of the ones with the temperamental blue internal LED's, they work one day and not the next, its a known fault with these and you can look over at the Streamliner threads on TB for more info and confirmation this is purely cosmetic.

One thing i feel i need to mention is when i got this a few months back i fired it up and there was a very quiet electrical buzz, the buzz got louder when boosting the mid control so that led me to think it was an issue with the V3 tube so i opened it up and sure enough it was sitting slightly wonky in the socket (probably took a little knock in transit), anyway i re seated it and all was well. But once since then the buzz returned again and like before the mid control affected it, gentle tap on the amp and it stopped so i think the V3 tube may be on its last legs and need replacing? Nothing major but thought i should mention it and ive priced it down a little as a result (i would have asked the £450 i paid a few months back)

This comes with the Genz Benz bag which is a little tatty but still does the job and shipping is included in the price.

[attachment=221038:IMG_2779.JPG][attachment=221037:IMG_2778.JPG][attachment=221039:thumbnail_IMG_2777.jpg]

[size=5][b]EDIT - Ive been playing around with this and im now not so sure the issue is a tube I had a poke around when it was open and i managed to recreate the buzz by tapping a couple of spots, think this is likely to need a service to get it 100% right again, im still sure its nothing major but possibly best to get it looked at before i sell.[/b][/size]

[b][size=5]Il leave this up for a couple more days and if someones interested in this and wants to service it themselves or can live with a very occasional buzz then make an offer i would listen to something sensible but a fair bit lower than what its worth.[/size][/b]

Edited by Bearfist

My amp occasionally has a buzz like that. I have had the lid off and poked around with a wooden coffee stirrer to try and replicate it, but to no avail. A bit of 'percussive maintenance' sorts it.

I love my 900 too, although it doesn't get out much because my Demeter gets most of the love!

Offers and trade propositions are to be made by Private Message (PM...) only, such posts in an ad are systematically deleted; the offending post here is no longer visible for this reason..
Thanks in advance for your understanding and cooperation.

• 4 weeks later...

Due to general laziness ive still not taken this in for a service, will hopfully get some time next week, if anyone one wants it as is with a view to getting it serviced themselves il do it for £250 including uk shipping and gig bag.

As said its fine 95% of the time but every now and then there's a very quiet buzz that kicks in, imagine its a simple and cheap fix but cant say for sure.