Why become a member? ×

Modifying the modified - My Cabronita gets an overhaul

Cat Burrito

[attachment=221313:Squier-Vintage-Modified-Cabronita-Precision-Bass-620x173.jpg]

A couple of years ago I was surprised with a birthday gift of the Squier Cabronita by my then girlfriend (wife in 2wks). I've been through the whole GAS thing a few years ago and also playing £1500 basses. The Cabronita is just great fun and I like the Gretsch style pickup. Equally I do like modify but this one has pretty much been left as stock, with the only real changes being cosmetic.

Thanks to a custom made pickguard from UK based company Scratch-It, I have very much gone for more of an early 50s vibe and made the bass look both classic and unque. The ashtray covers have always been a thing of mine since the late 90s and the thumb rest was made for me a couple of years ago thanks to EBay. It's now looking something like this;

[attachment=221314:BCi.JPG]

[quote name='spyder' timestamp='1465649131' post='3069934']Just noticed you use a PF-50T... its new on my GAS list. :gas:[/quote]

A blast from the past Marc! The PF-50T is great but just watch it with very early Portaflex cabs as the internal dimensions are different so if it was produced in the first 6 months of production the head won't sit inside if you flip the lid, despite what Ampeg tell you. (I had to get a brand new identical cab).