Why become a member? ×

Modulus FU5 - a dream I keep having

AndyTravis

I have had the oddest dreams this week.

I've been ill with a stomach bug, and maybe the humidity is getting to me.

For years I've hankered for a blue flake sparkle Flea/FU by Modulus, and my heart sank when they went very quiet as a company.

These days I'm playing a lot of 5 string, and I currently have a wonderful Sandberg TM5 which does a great job.

And a mid 90's Stingray which is a beauty - I'm switching between the two as the MM pickup placement is slightly off on the TM and the Stingray is lacking a string for other stuff.

I had a peavey GV which I bought because I couldn't afford a Modulus at the time. Shouldn't have sold that.

Anyhow, these dreams...

Two non musician mates/colleagues tell me they've found a case in a store room with my name on it. And in there is a Modulus FU5 covered in dust and playing muck which I forgot (in the dream) that I'd bought.

What's the script with Modulus for UK players at the minute? Has anyone ordered one since the new operation has kicked in?

They've jumped in price, and I'm led to believe they're only building a couple of basses a month?

I know SMART distribution looked after them, and I discussed a VJ order with them years ago which never came to fruition because I was younger and there was a pub nearby so I squandered my savings on destroying my brain cells.

Anyone else have GAS in their dreams too?

[quote name='AndyTravis' timestamp='1465687785' post='3070275']

What's the script with Modulus for UK players at the minute? Has anyone ordered one since the new operation has kicked in?

They've jumped in price, and I'm led to believe they're only building a couple of basses a month?

[/quote]

A good friend of mine bought the 2nd and 3rd basses they made since the resurrection by Planet Bass, there were both FU4's and honestly I couldn't tell any difference between them and them and the original Modulus ones.

They were expensive (you can ask Planet Bass for a price list), and they took a while to come but I think that was because they were just setting up again.

Can't see any FU5's on their site now, but I noticed a very cool FU4 in a PJ set up, Mmmm.....got me dreaming now...