Why become a member? ×

Fancy a cheap double-neck?

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1466583792' post='3076909']
My first-ever bass was a CMI SG copy in cherry, but... this may be a [i]little [/i]heavy for me. And crap.
[/quote]

This is a late 70s (post "lawsuit") Matsumoku build - I very seriously doubt it's crap.

Most CMIs were built by Chushin Gakki and were largely at the low end of the MIJ copy spectrum, with ply bodies, microphonic single-coil pickups and usually less than stellar hardware. On the whole Matsumokus (which can be positively ID'd from the "Steel Adjustable Neck" neckplates) were good quality, particularly later examples. This has plain headstock profiles and TRC shape, which dates it to around 1977 or later so it's likely to be as good as bolt-neck 70s Gibson copies get.

I'd say for what it is it's a serious bargain. It's completely original with no swapped pickups or hardware, looks in very in good condition for a 40-year old instrument and would cost a hell of a lot more if it said "Aria" on the headstock.

Sadly no use at all to me - apart from for making it easier to show the guitarist what he's supposed to be playing!

Jon.

[quote name='Bassassin' timestamp='1466589867' post='3076978']
I very seriously doubt it's crap.
[/quote]

I bow to your superior knowledge of course, Jon.
Mine wasn't all that, but it became obvious very quickly I wasn't a short-scale kind of guy. :)