Why become a member? ×

Ashdown ABM 500 Evo 3 -NOW SOLD
£250

jezzaboy

I bought this from Thomman earlier this year and as I cant see them for sale anymore except in Dawsons (where they want nearly £600!!) I think it has been replaced by the 600 watt model.

I`m looking for a firm £250 for it which is a decent price for what you get. It is almost as new, just a couple of marks on the black corner protectors. I bought the case in the picture at the same time to transport it in and if you want it, you can have it for an extra £25.

I would prefer collection from Paisley where you can try it out or would drive to meet up. I have posted the specs below. Any questions fire away
[color=#3C3241]Variable Valve Drive – from zero to rock hero [/color]

[color=#3C3241]Whatever tonal character you're seeking, the valve drive control can take you there. Engage it and set on zero for a pristine solid state preamp tone, or wind it up to increase the level of true valve overdrive that gets blended into the signal, taking you from a hint of hair to a fat overdrive. [/color]

[color=#3C3241]The Drive level be preset and kicked in and out via footswitch, providing access to a huge range of clean, warm and overdriven tones. [/color]

[color=#3C3241]The best EQ in the business [/color]

[color=#3C3241]Imagine the simplicity of a traditional 3-band EQ but with the flexibility of a graphic equaliser...that's what the acclaimed ABM preamp delivers, and that's why it's as popular with bass-purists as it is with modern tone-shifters. [/color]

[color=#3C3241]Designed to be as simple to use as a 3-band EQ but offer outstanding tonal shaping options, the ABM EQ features familiar Bass, Middle and Treble rotary controls and two pairs of additional sliders. [/color]

[color=#3C3241]With the sliders set in the center position the three knobs function just like a classic 3-band EQ. But if you require more flexibility, the additional sliders allow you to fine tune the EQ in the regions the standard controls can't reach, providing a huge range of variation and allowing you to tailor the perfect sound for any gig. [/color]

[color=#3C3241]The EQ can be switched in via footswitch taking you from a flat fretless sound to your favourite EQ setting instantly. [/color]

[color=#3C3241]One knob compressor [/color]

[color=#3C3241]Kick it in and this simple to use, great sounding compressor delivers a powerful, even sound, guaranteed to help your bass fill out any mix. [/color]

[color=#3C3241]Sub-Harmonic Generator [/color]

[color=#3C3241]Once heard – never forgotten. The ABM Sub-Harmonic generator adds an octave below the notes being played bringing fullness to any bass part. The Sub level is independently controllable, letting you dial in anything from a subtle hint of deep bass to a full-on subterranean funk. [/color]

[color=#3C3241]Flexible Footswitching [/color]

[color=#3C3241]Paired with our FS-4 footswitch (not included) the ABM comes alive for onstage use, enabling on-the-fly tonal gearshifts. With footswitchable Valve Drive, Compression, EQ and Sub Harmonic Generator, ABM puts dozens of sound combinations at your feet, without so much as an effect pedal in sight. [/color]

[color=#3C3241]Professional Connections [/color]

[color=#3C3241]Not that you'd expect any less, ABM is loaded with connectivity. A Sub-Bass output to feed the desk or an additional amp, a tuner output, transparent FX loop and a Line Input for the connection of an external sampler or sound source. Output muting cuts the signal from the DI output but leaves the tuner output 'live', allowing the player to tune up in silence.[/color]

[attachment=224306:20160724_124031.jpg]

[attachment=224307:20160724_124039.jpg]

[attachment=224308:20160724_124059.jpg]

[attachment=224309:20160724_124116.jpg]

[attachment=224310:20160724_124210.jpg]

[attachment=224311:20160724_124046.jpg]

Edited by jezzaboy

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1469534957' post='3099050']
Total bargain! I loved my EVO and regret selling it! This is a totally pro amp for peanuts!! Tone beast! Great EQ set-up!
[/quote]

Look just stop it will ya :D

I have decided to go class D and have bought a Peavey Minimax. I wonder on whose review I decided to buy this on ...... ;)

[quote name='jezzaboy' timestamp='1469544512' post='3099238']
I have decided to go class D and have bought a Peavey Minimax. I wonder on whose review I decided to buy this on...
[/quote]

Horses for courses... best keep both, I reckon. ;)