Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

3 hours ago, dudewheresmybass said:

what's the harley benton box top right pls?

It looks like some sort of combiner/ splitter

It’s a ground box, used to prevent any buzz, in this instance I’m just using it to move the input location as I use a custom cable that takes my signal and IEM feed, which is ace, but can pose challenges in terms of cable routing. This way works perfectly. 

• Like 1

I've put the Meatball on my pedalboard (it JUST fits!) so I can do the final phase of testing against my Mutron.

I might need to move the tuner sideways a bit but I stuck it down with that ridiculously strong dual lock and might leave that fight for another day

P.S I sometimes like an octave or fuzz in the Meatball loop - I tend to use an OC2 but I might make another board just for the loop with another fuzz and phaser on it too.

IMG_9220.jpg

IMG_9224.jpg

• Like 15

54 minutes ago, ped said:

I've put the Meatball on my pedalboard (it JUST fits!) so I can do the final phase of testing against my Mutron.

I might need to move the tuner sideways a bit but I stuck it down with that ridiculously strong dual lock and might leave that fight for another day

P.S I sometimes like an octave or fuzz in the Meatball loop - I tend to use an OC2 but I might make another board just for the loop with another fuzz and phaser on it too.

IMG_9220.jpg

IMG_9224.jpg

That looks like a 1970's switch board. So cool 👌

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, danbowskill said:

That looks like a 1970's switch board. So cool 👌

Cheers yeah it's a bit like a school science bench or one of those tape players we used to use in languages 😄

It's honestly coincidence that I love the Valco and Meatball pedals that happen to have the same type of enclosure. I bought the Valco fuzz first and just loved it. Maybe the looks factored into the decision to buy initially, but it's cool that they all sort of match.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ped said:

IMG_9220.jpg

IMG_9224.jpg

That is an amazing looking board!

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

I almost think you should go with chunky Nuetrik L jacks rather than those silly lightweight EBS ones!

There's no bloody way I'm taking it apart again 😄 I've found the EBS ones to be brilliant actually, the whole board is noise free.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

IMG_9880.thumb.jpeg.cbd528af951666f38d2c287a1f9da01e.jpeg

Another day, another pedalboard iteration. Still not sure if the Black Math will stay on here or go on my mini guitar board. Thinking I’ll rig up the Thru on the Olympic incase I want to run guitar through this board into the Science Mother preamp.

• Like 6

I did some experimenting on my lunch break today. I've been using my GX-100 solely for ages now, but was wondering what some dirt in the loop would be like. Magnificent is the answer...

I need to tidy it all up and get a shorter stereo cable for the FV-500H, plus I've got a current double arriving tomorrow to power my GX from the main power supply. Looking forward to testing it at our gig tomorrow!

PXL_20240614_131703097.jpg

Edited by MichaelDean
Posted too soon.
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, MichaelDean said:

I did some experimenting on my lunch break today. I've been using my GX-100 solely for ages now, but was wondering what some dirt in the loop would be like. Magnificent is the answer...

PXL_20240614_131703097.jpg

Mojo into Muff looks like a tasty combo! What gets sent through the loop? I'm bewildered by these big multi effect units.

Edited by Homatron
Confusion

47 minutes ago, Homatron said:

Mojo into Muff looks like a tasty combo! What gets sent through the loop? I'm bewildered by these big multi effect units.

So, my signal chain is:

Volume block (now controlled by the FV-500)

Compressor 

Wah (controlled by the toe button and then sweep of the pedal on the GX)

Split the signal for parallel processing of:

A bit of always on grit

Drive

Fuzz

(Then out to the effects loop)

Mojo Mojo

Big Muff

Noise gate

Harmoniser (always set to octave down, switchable octave up)

Delay (with weird wig out noises courtesy of the pedal in regular mode on the GX)

Reverb

I'm thinking abut replacing the parallel drive with another external pedal and getting rid of the parallel fuzz too. I'll see what I think after the gig tomorrow. 

I use it as a flexible pedalboard that I can turn elements on or off, rather than lots of different patches that I swap between. 

• Like 2

I’m pretty much finished building my new fly board but I have a little bit of space on the lower deck of the board for some kind of micro pedal. 

I’m looking for something to fill that space that I don’t need to access often, like an always on pedal. Set it and forget it kind of thing. 

Does anyone have any suggestions of something that could fit in that little space?

Signal path for those that are interested….

Harmonic Booster (always on) > Eons > Infinity > Julia > Delverb > Looper > Element.  

I use the tuner and compressor on the Infinity so not really looking for a separate pedal for those needs :)

IMG_8852.jpeg

IMG_8854.jpeg

IMG_8858.jpeg

IMG_8856.jpeg

• Like 15

18 minutes ago, JD69EYES said:

I’m pretty much finished building my new fly board but I have a little bit of space on the lower deck of the board for some kind of micro pedal. 

I’m looking for something to fill that space that I don’t need to access often, like an always on pedal. Set it and forget it kind of thing. 

Does anyone have any suggestions of something that could fit in that little space?

Harmonic Booster (always on) > Eons > Infinity > Julia > Delverb > Looper > Element.  

I use the tuner and compressor on the Infinity so not really looking for a separate pedal for those needs :)

IMG_8852.jpeg

IMG_8854.jpeg

IMG_8858.jpeg

IMG_8856.jpeg

You can keep my jealousy in there!

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, JD69EYES said:

IMG_8852.jpeg

IMG_8854.jpeg

IMG_8858.jpeg

IMG_8856.jpeg

image.thumb.png.774f5a93785f2d86c044681fda4e7199.png

Or if you are a tone purist:

image.thumb.png.3356a25f6950e1192ada05568c03f947.png

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, JD69EYES said:

That could be a shout! 

I’ve never seen those before. I’ll have to do some reading. 

They're great; although you might be able to get similar results with the Infinity via an eq block.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JD69EYES said:

IMG_8852.jpeg

IMG_8854.jpeg

IMG_8858.jpeg

IMG_8856.jpeg

I jsut ordered one of these for s tint litrle open space  i have

https://one-control.com/products/minimal-series-mosquito-blender-trail-with-bjf-buffer

Or a korg pitchblack x mini

Or one of the ehx pico series. I fot the deep freeze. Tiny!

Edited by lidl e
  • Like 1

I thought i was done but I was not.

Did some rearranging. Added the One Control Mosquito blender. I need to dial in some clean.

Took off the red muck and the paraeq deluxe and was able to squeeze my favourite distortion back on. 

i think I'll keep the paraeq for recording. 

20240624_225644.thumb.jpg.f1bab2e10d47fb1802f6766630e8c579.jpg

• Like 11