Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

4 minutes ago, jrixn1 said:

Can you do it using just the one footswitch of the LS-2 (in A-B mode)?

• Plug upright into 'Return A' and P bass into 'Return B'
  • 'Output' goes to tuner, octave, and volume pedal; then back into 'Input' (this is your effects loop)
  • 'Send A' goes to the Lehle and 'Send B' goes to the Khan?

We’ve discussed this at length, I think there is an oddity in the LS2 where it mutes on the return so you’d potentially end up with signal to both outputs doing it this way.

There was definitely a Bright Onion box to make this easier, or just having the Fishman Platinum Pro on double bass and not needing the switcher at all (you lose volume pedal on double bass)

At this point though @Higgie is just going to say it works and it’s wired up and I can’t change it 😂

For anyone else needing to do this the Grace Design Felix is the only all in 1 unit I could find that would do this. It would also give you the flexibility to run 1 output for both basses if you needed to.

Long term this is still my recommendation to @Higgie if more and more gigs are doubled.

29 minutes ago, tayste_2000 said:

I think there is an oddity in the LS2 where it mutes on the return

Ahhh... I see.  This will not work then - thanks!

1 hour ago, spyder said:

The GR Pure Drive pedal is out and a funky looking Tone Hammer is in. 

The Tone Hammer suits my passive Acinonyx bass better than the GR.

DSC_0001 (9).JPG

That tone hammer looks cool - some kind of limited finish?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LukeFRC said:

That tone hammer looks cool - some kind of limited finish?

It is a limited edition finish.

Bass Direct has one left.

Grab it.... It's so funky.😍

It looks like there has been three different limited edition colour pedals.

The first was an exclusive black version for Sweetwater. 

The second is the blue finish which is available from Bass Direct.

The third is the new gold paint version.

https://www.bassdirect.co.uk/product/aguilar-tone-hammer-preamp-direct-box-limited-edition-new-york-skyline/

apth-leny-600x600.webp

• Like 1

1 hour ago, krispn said:

Some of that Korg marketing hitting home. Don’t forget the all silver edition too. 

I totally forgot about the silver version.

Overdue pedalboard update today.

I've had a few new arrivals that, after much testing, has bumped other stuff off the board (a few bits now up for sale). In my usual rambling style, I thought I'd do a break down of the signal chain, and other details of how the board is looking right now...

Input > Boss OC-5 Octave >

Montreal Assembly PURPLL >

Fuzzrocious Li'l Fella >

Dr. Scientist Frazz Dazzler V2 >

ZVEX Mastotron >

WMD Geiger Counter Pro >

Broughton JoshWah >

Dr. Scientist Dusk (+ Moog EP-3 Expression Pedal) >

GFI Synesthesia (+ GFI Triple Switch) >

Hologram Electronics Microcosm >

Source Audio Collider >

Keeley Bassist Compressor >
TC Electronic Polytune2 Mini > Output

I also keep another Moog EP-3 on the floor pending the mood I'm in, usually connected to the Geiger Counter Pro or Microcosm.

All pedals mounted on a Pedaltrain Jr Max, using an OCD In/Out Jack Kit, all cabled with EBS gold flat patch cables and powered by a CIOKS DC7 and 8 Expander (this power supply is a beast - barely tipping the 40% capacity mark for this board).

While most of this stuff has been here for a while, the return of the Mastotron has been significant. I moved mine on years ago for various other boutique gated fuzz pedals, but coming full circle... nothing beats it for gated synthy fuzz. Utterly in love with pretty much everything here. I'm still in the honeymoon period with the JoshWah, but with minimal tweaking the Sense knob, it plays really well with all my dirt pedals. Overall, very happy!

Board1.thumb.png.f16023cfd49e9f54dc1e3a284eed14de.png

Board2.thumb.png.82be38444d889095ef0076b3db6cf87c.pngBoard3.thumb.png.aa67ad3e9542638139160c187bcb3ab1.pngBoard4.thumb.png.2bed2d11798dbb4bc239ed52e3ac410a.pngBoardGuts.thumb.png.ad819bc4aec93390573ad703090827a2.png 

• Like 11

59 minutes ago, pantherairsoft said:

Overdue pedalboard update today.

I've had a few new arrivals that, after much testing, has bumped other stuff off the board (a few bits now up for sale). In my usual rambling style, I thought I'd do a break down of the signal chain, and other details of how the board is looking right now...

Input > Boss OC-5 Octave >

Montreal Assembly PURPLL >

Fuzzrocious Li'l Fella >

Dr. Scientist Frazz Dazzler V2 >

ZVEX Mastotron >

WMD Geiger Counter Pro >

Broughton JoshWah >

Dr. Scientist Dusk (+ Moog EP-3 Expression Pedal) >

GFI Synesthesia (+ GFI Triple Switch) >

Hologram Electronics Microcosm >

Source Audio Collider >

Keeley Bassist Compressor >
TC Electronic Polytune2 Mini > Output

I also keep another Moog EP-3 on the floor pending the mood I'm in, usually connected to the Geiger Counter Pro or Microcosm.

All pedals mounted on a Pedaltrain Jr Max, using an OCD In/Out Jack Kit, all cabled with EBS gold flat patch cables and powered by a CIOKS DC7 and 8 Expander (this power supply is a beast - barely tipping the 40% capacity mark for this board).

While most of this stuff has been here for a while, the return of the Mastotron has been significant. I moved mine on years ago for various other boutique gated fuzz pedals, but coming full circle... nothing beats it for gated synthy fuzz. Utterly in love with pretty much everything here. I'm still in the honeymoon period with the JoshWah, but with minimal tweaking the Sense knob, it plays really well with all my dirt pedals. Overall, very happy!

Board1.thumb.png.f16023cfd49e9f54dc1e3a284eed14de.png

Board2.thumb.png.82be38444d889095ef0076b3db6cf87c.pngBoard3.thumb.png.aa67ad3e9542638139160c187bcb3ab1.pngBoard4.thumb.png.2bed2d11798dbb4bc239ed52e3ac410a.pngBoardGuts.thumb.png.ad819bc4aec93390573ad703090827a2.png 

Dusk as controllable filter sweep and Josh wah as envelope filter sweep? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

Dusk as controllable filter sweep and Josh wah as envelope filter sweep? 

Correct.

The Dusk replaced my Moog LPF. It's there for the synth swells and for pushing the board into dub/sub mode. It gets a lot of use.

The JoshWah gets used as a traditional envelope filter, usually along with octave and fuzz for classic synth tones, which are them commonly swept through by the dusk for double resonance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, glassmoon said:

Pooh, @stewblack... The Ampero... Is that something akin to the HX Stomp? I like the price point 

On paper at least it is superior to the HX Stomp, it got a better more powerful CPU, and as far as I recall also a better higher resolution A/D converter.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

On paper at least it is superior to the HX Stomp, it got a better more powerful CPU, and as far as I recall also a better higher resolution A/D converter.

Cheers mate. At nearly half the price, it's definitely worth a look.